And Always . . .

This chapter is all mine. This episode never happened in the TVD series and I honestly think it should have.. I understand that the end game was Family but to me, the whole TVD cast is family and it should have shown more of that.. Hope you guys enjoy. Love always, B. ❤️

I walked downstairs and into the parlor to see Elena sitting in front of the fireplace quietly. I leant on the wall and watched her carefully. "Just because I'm human now doesn't mean I can't feel your eyes." Elena stated and I rolled my eyes before she stood and turned towards me.

"It just feels.." I whispered leading off and she nodded in agreement and smiled.

"Surreal. I get it. I was gone for a long time." Elena admitted and I slowly nodded and looked down. "How is he?" Elena asked and I scoffed quietly and shook my head.

"He's not here." I replied and looked up at her. "He's at the crypt with Stefan." I added and Elena tilted her head at me knowingly.

"Mariana." Elena whispered walking towards me and I sighed looking at her.

"Damon is at the crypt with Stefan except Stefan isn't even there, Elena." I stated and Elena eyed me. "None of Stefan is there. He burned and with him so did Katherine. She is the reason he is gone and why did she come back in the first place? To get revenge on the one who killed her." I stated angrily and Elena hugged me even though I didn't want her to.

"Stefan's decision wasn't one you could make, Mariana." Elena stated and I shook my head at her as she pulled us away and looked at me closely. "Don't blame yourself for Stefan. Damon doesn't." Elena added and I slowly pulled away from her.

"Stefan was supposed to be his best man, Elena." I whispered and Elena eyed me before she nodded and put a hand on my shoulder. "Damon has no one." I added and Elena sighed and looked at me before I saw her looking passed me and smiling. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned around only to see Ric and- "Jeremy.." I whispered looking at him and he smiled before walking quickly towards Elena and I. We hugged each other tightly and Ric walked towards us also.

"Where are the girls?" Elena asked confused as Ric hugged us after Jeremy.

"They're with Caroline. We decided to buy them new flower girl dresses. You know." Ric replied and I slowly nodded and looked between him and Jere.

"So what are you guys doing here?" I asked confused and Jeremy and Ric looked at each other before they looked back at Elena and I.

"I know that I can never replace Stefan.. But Damon does need a best man and he was there for me at my wedding." Ric said softly and I smiled at him and nodded.

"Yes, he was." I replied hugging him tightly and he kissed my head. Elena looked at me over Ric's shoulder and I smiled widely at her and she smiled back at me and hugged Jeremy tightly again.
~~~

I walked slowly through the cemetery before I saw Damon walking out of the Salvatore crypt and he stopped at the gate outside of it when he noticed me. I folded my arms over my chest and gave a small smile and he smiled back. "You ready for this?" Damon asked walking towards me and I sighed deeply as he wrapped his arms protectively around me.

"Are you?" I countered and he smirked down at me before kissing my forehead.

"I've been waiting for a long time." Damon replied and I smiled at his reply. "It's going to be lonely standing up at the alter by myself, I'll admit." Damon added looking back towards the crypt behind him and I slowly nodded before grabbing his face with my hand gently.