you are the cause of my euphoria

cross-posted on vka and ao3
+
can we just appreciate jungkook not giving a single fuck about the camera and just leans close to taehyung and jakdksks (lol i know he probably spoke w namjoon bUT)

cross-posted on vka and ao3+can we just appreciate jungkook not giving a single fuck about the camera and just leans close to taehyung and jakdksks (lol i know he probably spoke w namjoon bUT)

++++

Meeting someone was never anything Jungkook expected to see himself do. Especially not meeting someone who had the personality of the brightest summer day, happiest smile and the most adoring eyes. Kim Taehyung is a person Jungkook never thought he'd have in his life. A boy who brings him more than just happiness, someone who can help him at his lowest and the one that'll be there for him no matter what the circumstances are. Taehyung is the one lifting Jungkook up from the deepest holes. The one bringing hope and self-love; self-confidence and a feeling of worth.

Not only does Jungkook learn to love himself in different ways, he's learning how to love someone else in the process. Loving Taehyung isn't hard, it's one of the easiest things Jungkook has ever done. Many things remind him of the Taehyung he's in love with. Such as the sun, the warm wind, sound of the ocean, smell of spring, the smile on his face—all things one can love.

Everyone has their breaking points and moments in life where nothing is worth it. Life can be hard but it is up to oneself how to change things to make living something beautiful again. Sometimes, though, a little help from someone isn't wrong. Asking for help is alright, reaching out for a hand is never wrong and if it is needed it's the best to do.

Jungkook hadn't necessarily reached out or asked for help during that period of his life where he wanted everything to stop so he could have the possibility to even breath, Taehyung had entered his life without warning and without a question to do so. Their meeting had been through Jimin, a boy both of them are great friends with. Friendship had bloomed within the first time they met, and it had developed into something wonderful throughout that summer back in twenty-sixteen.

Slowly, Jungkook's walls got pulled down and Taehyung opened the younger piece by piece, a new insecurity showing through or another worry becoming visible every day. It was positive. Taehyung's goal was making Jungkook come out of his shy, not-too-confident shell and within time, he had succeeded. Seeing the younger so self-conscious and unsure made him sad, a frown always becoming evident on his face at the thought or the sight. Like the night they had been hanging out, walking and talking about every-day-stuff. Taehyung had taken Jungkook's hand in his, and he swore a slight wave of shock and fear had flashed on Jungkook's face, but then it had relaxed, softened down and as the younger had taken a glance at their connected hands, fear turned into happiness.

Only that made Jungkook take a much bigger step than expected, out of his shell that is. A few weeks later, Taehyung had kissed him. A simple, light kiss, lips against lips, with eyes closed and a tear rolling down Jungkook's cheek. Talking about deeper things had never been anything Jungkook was comfortable doing, but as a way to show his thankfulness to the older, he decided to speak up about why he looked at himself in such a negative and judgemental way; saying that people never thought of him as the one he really is, thinking he was cold-hearted and rude, perhaps a little unread. Sure, he was unread. People never bothered to open him up and read every page thoroughly, but Taehyung did. Which is why Jungkook trusted him that much in the first place.