Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.

Amanda's POV

Latching the main door of the room, I zipped the sides of the gown as per my fitting . I let the tassels flow through my sleeveless skin . I am glad I kept this extra clothing in my bag . I wasn't prepared for the masquerade ball at first place , if I had any idea about it then I would've definitely carried a proper exotic outfit . Though , this one wasn't bad .

It was a floor length flowy dress which showed off my curves till the waist . I surrounded my neck with a simple chain so as to give it a decent effect .

I chose small heels over the outfit as the gown was a bit too long for me to handle.  I puffed the compact powder all over my face so as to maintain a balance over the uneven pores .

Twisting my hairs into a bun I let off the small strands out giving it a messy look . Mess was hot , right ? . I gave a smokey effect to my eyes and applied a nude shade on my lips .

Usually I didn't like to get ready but today I wanted to look different . Good kind of different , in his language . I tried blushing red to my cheeks as the thought of him had done half of it's work.

"I want t-to confess something ", I stammered "I like you , I mean I love you . I can't deny the fact that I have started feeling for you . I don't expect the same from you, I lo-love you and I really do ", I pouted whilst practicing with my reflection in the mirror .

I tapped on my head as I was reciting the lines but never once I found it overwhelming and perfect . Shut up Amanda , just go with the flow .

Looking at my reflection one last time I exited the room .  I took deep breadths as I marched towards the hall room . The place was royally decorated with white curtains all around . The carpet was red . There were small tables around which had an orchid bouquet over each . The ceilings were vaulted with light blue lights . The decoration was very impressive .

I twirled my eye balls around to find Mr Reynolds as he wasn't visible .  "Who are you searching for ,  Miss Waters ?", I felt a touch on my earlobe when I heard a murmur .

"You ", Mr Reynolds wore a black fit tuxedo over a white shirt. His perfectly toned torso showed his perfect body . My eyes widened in awe and amazement . I shamelessly gazed at his perfect face for a while , the moment my reflexes passed a message to my eyes , I turned away as it felt quite inappropriate to stare at someone without sunglasses .

"yes , me " , he stepped closer as he examined me from head to toe. I pursed my lips tight to avoid the smile which was taking birth. Come on Mr Reynolds I have wasted whole 30 minutes of my life to get dolled up  , compliment me.

"You look amazing ", I regretted the words which escaped my lips .  I tried to look away but his eyes were interlocked with mine .

"I always do ", he smirked . The waiters moved around the hall-room with trays which were filled with different kind of masks .

"Excuse me ", I called him and covered my face with a red mask . Red went well with the color of my dress . I knotted the ribbon of the mask through my hands . Everyone had their faces covered so it was quite difficult for me to locate the few people I knew.

"Aren't you going to wear one ?", I questioned as he didn't collect his mask from the tray .

"I am not a firm believer of such balls . I don't think I should attach a mask to my face ", he contradicted.

"I insist please ", I picked up one silver mask for him .

"Okay , not because you insisted ", he took the mask and wore it over his face . The mask covered three fourth of his face , his pale pink lips and sculpted jaw were yet visible . I smiled as he did something I asked him to do.
"Love birds ", we heard a familiar voice . Without even guessing I could say that it was Cody . David was latched with him . I hugged them both warmly , Mr Reynolds greeted them with a nod , I always wondered why he distanced himself so much from every one .