152

"Hello sir" Varun said picking up Harshad's call.

"Varun. Mein aadhe ghante mein pohonch raha hoon, we are going to move her to somewhere else. Tab tak be careful. And don't let her know that we are going to change the place" he said.

"Where are you going to take her sir?" Varun asked.

"That is none of your business, the moment we move her from there your job is done. Your flight ticket is booked for this afternoon, so pack your bags and leave without making a fuss. You get that?" Harshad asked.

"Yes sir" he said and disconnected the call.

He goes to check on her and sees her staring out through the window with sad eyes.

"Nandini" he calls out for her.

"Get out if it's for food because I am not hungry" she said without even looking at him.

"Are you mad at me?" he asked.

"Of ocurse I am, but that doesn't make any difference to you right, you are just trying to do your job as you said last night" she said.

"Listen Nandini" he was trying to speak when she interrupts him.

"You know what Varun, do whatever you want, My Manik is going to come to take me away. I have been through this once already, my own Maama plotted against me. He tried to do the same, kidnapped me, gave me poison, tried to move me away from the country...but in the end, he couldn't" she was speaking while he was lost in thought listening to her.

"And then again, he planned something similar. My own grandfather, he went against me, my choice, my friends and tried to harm Manik. he hired someone to shoot Manik, but then, one of my other friends Deepika, she came in between and took the bullet. Just as for you, even for him, money is everything. All greedy dogs! It was my mumma pappa's saving, he didn't have the right on even a single penny, but still just to make his life easier, he stoop down so low. And then there is Manik's chacha ji. Same type. Manik put him in jail and god knows how he got out and is planning the same thing again. And then you, who doesn't know anything about our lives, our love, the way we value our friends, again in greed accepted to this offer. Didn't you find this wrong atleast for a moment before doing this? Not even once? Imagine the same thing happening to someone from your family. If you had a sister, if she trusted someone who helped her, and he turns to be the new villain in his life. What would you go through? Would you even be able to breathe for a while?" she asked him directly and then he started to contemplate.

"I can't even imagine what my family must be going through right now. Manik must have been searching me all night and it's been two nights already. Kuch khaaya piya nai hoga aur upar se use chot bhi lagi hain he must not have gone to the hospital. Wohh theek toh hoga na Varun?" she starts crying again.

He couldn't utter a single word. He always saw the pretty innocent and ever so charming girl in her, but today he saw what the real Nandini was, how much she loved Manik, how much she loved the people around her. He was feeling guilty for what he did.

----------------

Varun

What is she? I never expected her to react that way. She was questioning my morals, my integrity. When she asked me what I would go through if the same thing happened to someone from my family, I got jitters.

I couldn't stay there even for a second, seeing her cry.

If my parents come to know about this stupid deal I agreed to for coming here to the States, they will never forgive me. my mom is going to ask me the same question Nandini did.