Seriously Sirius

Harry and Draco apparated directly into the living room startling Sirius awake.

            Harry wrapped his arms around Draco's waist and buried his face into Draco's chest. Draco held Harry tightly to him.

            Harry wasn't sure what to think about the dinner. So many different emotions and things had been explored. It all happened so fast. It felt like they had just left this spot only a couple minutes ago to go to the burrow but at the same time it felt like weeks ago. Dinner had been such an experience that Harry couldn't wrap his mind around it. He tried to remember all of it but some things were just flashes. Harry could remember feeling nervous to enter, he could remember the awkward silences and the debilitating anger at their ignorance. He could remember the frustration at trying to get them to just understand. What was hard to forget was the melancholy, that is the one thing he wished he couldn't remember. Why did the time blur but the emotions stick out? Why couldn't he lose track of his emotions like he had lost track of time? Was that some trade off that he wasn't aware of?

            The hole that their silence had caused him had begun to heal before he even entered the burrow. With the help of Draco and his family the hole stopped being a cavern and was now just a small pothole on the road to acceptance. The closure that going brought him was enough to let him know that he would be okay. The pothole would probably stay that size for a long time until he was completely over it and then hopefully the pothole would be filled with the healing concrete of happiness.

            Even though dinner had been an utter travesty, Harry wouldn't have changed a thing. He still would have lost his temper in all the right times, still would have raised his voice and still would have told them exactly what he thought of them. Harry definitely would have still defended Draco. The one thing that he would have wanted was for them to have only targeted him. They could say whatever they wanted about him but Harry couldn't stand to listen to anyone berate Draco. To watch your partner face off against ignorance and prejudice and not knowing how to help was the worst. How do you change people's minds? How do you show them that they are wrong? Harry wanted to fight that battle for Draco, wanted to take every bad thing the world could throw at Draco and shoulder that burden for him. Was that a side effect of love? Was the love the reason he wanted to take Draco away and hide him from the rest of the world? To keep him safe and protected?

     These protective urges were new to him. For the longest time the only thing he had to worry about was himself and then taking care of the Voldemort problem. There had been no time to worry about anything else. But now Draco was his number one priority. His happiness didn't even matter as long as Draco was happy. But the wonderful and amazing thing about it all was that Draco brought him that happiness. Everything about Draco drew him in and Harry was hopelessly lost to the sea that was Draco. Harry didn't want a life preserver, he didn't need a search and rescue party and he didn't need the coast guard to come save him. No, Harry was happy to float on the waves as long as Draco was right there beside him.

            Harry nuzzled his face against Draco's shirt and sighed contently at the feel of those strong arms wrapped around him. This right here made tonight worth it. Harry would walk to the ends of the earth for this man without batting an eye. He would face a thousand Weasley dinners for moments just like this. Harry frowned when he could feel lingering unease from the bond. He wrinkled his forehead trying to figure out why Draco would be feeling like that.    

            "Draco she was wrong." Harry mumbled finally understanding before looking up into Draco's eyes. Draco bit his lip and tried to look away but Harry quickly raised a hand to hold his jaw still.