1-Roses and Thorns

Chapter 1
Word Count:2572

She knelt down to smoothen the soil below her. Her short overalls getting muddier by the second.

Her rose garden had expanded over twenty feet squared and she was very proud of her work. For she was Farah-Ember, Betas only daughter of the Red Glory pack in the north of Alaska. She was known to be innocent and shy. You will never hear a single word come out of her mouth the first three times you meet her for the first time. She trusted solely her parents and Sal. The Alphas daughter who she had grown to be very fond of, vise versa. Farah was light on her feet and small like a bunny. Never would Farah-Ember be anywhere close to a war. For her mind was too small and innocent to comprehend those sorts of things. And everyone around her was okay with that.

Fe mostly stuck to herself. She only worked with others when needed to. Her sanctuary was the backyard of her house. The cottage was elegant and glamorous, but still was cozy and she wouldn't trade it in for any other modern like box they sold these days.

Her hand pricked a thorn, letting blood ooze out of the small wound. She hated blood, she found it interesting but un- welcoming. She brought her hand down, watching the red liquid fall down her hand. It was covered in dirt and Fe knew from what her mother said, that if it wasn't treated soon, a small wound like this could cause infection and Farah did not want this.

She stood up quickly, forgetting her roses for the time being and ran into the house. Smashing the back door open, she looked frantically around for her mother.

"Mom? Mama!" She cries. It was a large house, and most of the time she never could find her parents. Her sense of smell for a wolf was weak and her size compared to it. Standing at five foot one, Farah was considered a dwarf. Her stamina was cut short because of her height and weight. She didn't work out, the nature did that for her. Being surrounded by it the entire day made her feel alive, keeping Farah healthy enough.

She ran into the kitchen, finding her mother not present and she called again.

"Mama!" Her voice echoes through the halls. Seconds later fast footsteps were heard and the next thing she knew, her body was covered by the shadows of both her parents.

"What happened honey?" Her mother asked and then smelled the air, freezing as she did. She smelled the blood.
Farah lifted her bloody hand into the air and her parents gasped slightly and guided Fe into the washroom. The small cut was serious because they never wanted Farah to be hurt in any way. She was their precious flower, besides, Farah knew no better. Even though the girl was nineteen, her mind didn't act like that. And her body didn't either. She was always pampered by her parents and that was how everyone treated her, and forever more they would.

"Farah, you need to be careful. You're our only little flower and we don't want you hurt in any small way." Her father scolded. She looked into his eyes with tears ones. That was how Farah reacted to these types of things.

"I'm sorry Papa." His expression softened a bit and stroked her hair as her mother cleaned up her hand. Wrapping it in a small amount of gauze, the thorn had apparently gone further than Farah had originally thought.

"All done honey. Do you want to come with me and your father to the office? I'm finishing up a cross word puzzle you can help me with." Farah nodded.

"But I have to finish up in the yard Mama." Her tiny voice spoke. It was like glass, any time ready to break.

"Okay little flower. But right after you come up to my office, okay?" Her father said seriously. He knew that if he wasn't explicit with his words, Farah could go off wandering and say he wasn't detailed enough in what he wanted as an excuse.