2. You Can't Live with Us

Thanks for the positive feedback and all of the votes. I have a chance to be #1 on the ratings. Always has been one of my greatest Wattpad dreams. SO PLEASE PLEASE VOTEEEEEE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. 

                With my lucky checkered box in my arms, I hesitated in front of Jace’s door. Of course at first I was extremely excited to move in with her. Now that I think about this, the more scared I become. I’m going to be living with Jace, the girl who partied so hard in college I just got used to never seeing her past ten o’ clock at night. I’m going to be living with the girl who had a new boyfriend every couple of weeks for her mood, wardrobe, and mindset changed like the Texas weather; frequently.

                How am I even going to fit in with her super fancy and wild friends? How are Jace and I even friends in the first place? I rocked back and forth on my heels, my mind whirling with indecision. The door across the hall from Jace’s room opened up and out came a tall blonde.

                “You’re going to call me, right?” she asked, her voice sultry and promising.

                Justin emerged from the door next, leaning in the doorway, a bagel in hand. “Of course, babe.” He winked. The blonde smiled and then she was on the elevator and out of sight. “I’m not going to call her.” Justin snorted. He smiled at me and looked down at my box. “Wait, what’s going on here?”

                “Um…I’m moving in with Jace,” I replied.

                “No, no way. No, ma’am.” He ferociously shook his head and walked over to me, taking the box from my hands.

                “What are you doing?” I frowned. Oh not again! Why are men always trying to steal my things? It’s not fair at all.

                “Jace is enough of a problem as it is, you can’t move in.” He pressed the elevator button.

                I marched up to him and snatched my box back. “Excuse me, but Jace asked me to move in with her and so I agreed. This has nothing to do with you.”

                Justin pouted at me and then pounded on Jace’s door. No! I am not ready to see her yet. Jace immediately opened the door, her eyes in those tiny little evil slits. “Hey, when did we discuss that…Um, whoever she is, could move in?” He crossed his arms.

                “Oh, I’m sorry, Justin, I had no idea that you were the landlord. I guess I will have to be more respectful next time.” Jace rolled her eyes.

                “Wait, you’re the landlord?” I cocked my head to the side.

                Justin threw me a sidelong glance. “Yeah, she can’t stay here.”

                “And why not, Justin?”

                “There are already enough girls on this floor already. It’s just not going to work out.”

                “I already asked the landlord, Justin, and he said yes.”  

                With a groan, Justin turned his head to glower at me. “What did you do, show him your tits?”

                “Yep, works every time.”

                “Stupid female privileges,” he muttered. “If anything gets out of hand, I’m going to pay the landlord to evict the both of you,” he threatened.