Chapter 40

Readers POV
Ugh, where am I? I peel my eyes open as I slowly raise to sit up, or at least, I tried to sit up. As soon as I lifted my body, I was slung back down by something strapped around my body. It  was dark but I was still able to see my surroundings. I was terrified, more so than ever before. The walls were smeared with blood, some old and some seemed new. There were tools hanging from the ceiling and from within a small closet which had its doors open. The tools varied in sizes and uses. On a small metal table was a pile of what looked like razors. Some still covered in blood. There were scalpels, knifes, surgical tweezers, a hand saw, an electrical hand saw, which looked a bit like a sander. A metal baseball bat, a hammer, even a chainsaw. My breathing started to become heavier which I instantly regretted. As I inhaled, an awful smell of rotten flesh and blood filled into my nose. It made me gag but I tried to hold my sick down. If I were to vomit, I could die as I would probably choke on it, laying in this position. I searched around the room as my body and mind began to panic. Did Masky bring me here? BEN? Toby? Jeff? However, my terror only began to grow once my eyes locked on organs. Human organs. There were jars on shelves, within them were kidneys, hearts, liver, lungs. One even contained intestines. These people are monsters!! Masky, BEN, Toby, Jeff, they all harvest organs??! I began to shout as loud as possible, almost tearing my voice box, calling for help. I soon regretted it once I hear the door start to open. Tears streamed down my face as I saw a masked figure step into the room. It must be Masky. I begin to struggle, pulling at the restraints around my wrists and ankles, trying to break free as the figure drew closer.
"Please.. please Masky let me go!! Don't do this! Please!" I pleaded as my sobs and whimpering became louder as the figure came closer.
"[Name], stop struggling or you're going to tear your stitches." The force stated. As the figure came closer, I could finally see who it was, it wasnt Masky. It was Jack.
"J-Jack!? What am I doing in here!? Why am I tied down!?" I asked worryingly as I pull on the restraints. Jack just sighs as he walks closer to me, placing his hand in my arm to stop me wriggling.
"You were weak and losing a lot of blood. I'm sorry you had to see this place." He lowered his head slightly before lifting it back up to look at my pale face.
"B-But why the restraints?!"
"I was worried that when you awoken, you would leave and possibly hurt yourself even more. I had to take precautions."
"A-And the o-organs in the jars...?"
"None of them are yours. They're trophies."
"Trophies?" I ask. Jack doesn't say anything. But I could hear the slight sound of his teeth grinding together. Just as the sound stopped he walked away, over to his table, picking something up and walking back over to me. Holding surgical scissors in his hands.   My eyes widened as he came closer towards me with the sharp object. Once he reached me, he leaned down, taking a hold of my neck. I gasp in fear but he just chuckles.
"I think it's time we remove this snare. Don't you?" He says in a calm deep voice. I sigh in relief, thankful he wasn't trying to cut out of throat. I give a small nod as he starts to cut away at the wire. Pulling each piece off that he cuts. So, does Jack know that I was the horse-wolf hybrid he saw? Or does he believe that I just got caught in a snare?...

Once it was all removed, he leans away and places the scissors and wire bits down onto the table I was laying on.
"That's going to scar." He states bluntly. I sigh at his words. A scar? Just great. That's all I need. First a scar of a lions bite around my shoulder. Then a scar of Jacks scalpel in my other shoulder. Now this. Along with all the wounds Jeff and BEN gave me. AND the one Clockwork gave me around my eye. My proxies name might as well be 'scar'.
"I can't  believe they did this to you." He snarls as he starts to untie me from the metal operating table. I remain silent as I did not want to think about it. Jack realised this and he just exhales deeply before talking again.
"I'll make them pay for what they did to you." He says as if to try and comfort me or make me feel better.
"No Jack. You might make it worse. Just... promise to stay by my side?"
Jack wraps one arm around my back while the other behind my legs before lifting me, carrying me bridal style.
"I will remain by your side. You're mine and mine alone. No one shall touch you." His words made my face blush deeply of a bright shade of red. So I tried to hide my face. He was talking as if we were dating. However, after what had happened.. in the bedroom.. does that mean, we're dating? I wonder how Jack feels about me? Whether he thinks we're dating or not..
Jack starts to walk towards the steel door, walking out of it and heading outside into the forest. It was quiet and there was no chance of us being bothered by the other proxies.

Jack stopped walking once he was happy of our position before lowering me down into my feet. I stumbled a little but Jack held my arm, keeping me up right. I lent against a tree, sliding down it to the floor. However, this sent pain to where BEN have carved my skin. I winced a little but tried to hide it so Jack wouldn't say anything. This is a good opportunity to get to know him and how he feels.
"Hey Jack?" He looks down at me as he lowers down into a crouching position before sitting on the dirt and grass next to me.
"Can you tell me about your past?"