Chapter 56

Baby Blue Eyes-A Rocket to the Moon.

Accidentally in Love-Counting Crows

🔸Adelram's P.O.V🔸

I can't really see straight. My thoughts are jumbled, my bones are jelly, and my eyes won't focus on anything. There's a throbbing pain inside my head that just won't go away, and I feel like I'm going to vomit out my whole stomach contents.

Yeah, no that's a lie. I'm actually feeling the exact opposite. In reality, my eyesight is 20/20, my bones are as strong as ever, there is no pain whatsoever, and I'm feeling like I'm the king of the world. Which I probably am, because you know... have you seen me? Ok, I'm getting off track here. Where was I... oh yeah.

Why, you might ask? Because Kamaria exuded her very powerful and very hot illumination on me. Because she was trained as an Eribiss, her illumination can't hurt other Eribissians, unless re-trained otherwise. Her illumination gave me energy and power and I honestly had never felt stronger.

Of course I had to pretend to die because that bastard had tricked Kamaria into believing Abigail and I were Slyder. He not only manipulated her through words, but used his stupid mind persuasion to convince her it was me. It hurt to know she picked the wrong one, but it is understandable, she was confused and it had put on a great crusade.

I force my hands to relax from the white-knuckled clinched position they were in.

And now Slyder is with Kamaria, tricking her into thinking that it is me.

It has probably already drugged her. She's probably already dead asleep on the passenger seat, halfway to his secret place.

I smash my once again clinched fist against the hard, cold ground, ignoring the throbbing pain that came afterwards. I failed her, I let her get taken and I didn't do anything to stop it.

I quickly get up and walk over to Abigail. Just by looking at her and her frail body I can tell just how bad all of the torture and abuse was that she had gone through while Slyder had captured her and how she is barely holding on. Her breathing is hardly visible and her eyes remain closed.

I gently press my ear to her chest, listening for a heartbeat.

I have to press my ear as hard as I can against her while holding my own breath just to hear the faint, sluggish heartbeat. It's there, but it won't be for long if I don't get her to a hospital soon.

But what am I supposed to do about Kamaria? I can't just do nothing, allowing Slyder to take her away, possibly for good. I have to save her, I have a duty to save her. But I promised her that we would save Abigail.

I squeeze my eyes shut and press my hands against my face as I think everything over. Not even a minute later my phone rings.

I sigh and quickly answer, already knowing who it is before I even hear his deep, raspy voice.

"Do inform, how did the mission go? Is Kamaria safe?" The voice on the other end interrogates.

I let out a disappointed sigh "she-I-Slyder kidnapped her. At the speed they were going, she's probably fifteen minutes away by now" I inform him, each word stacking a new hundred ton stone in my stomach.