Chapter Twenty!! - BATTLE DAY 2

The battle rounds were over and the day went by quickly. It was already dawn and I hadn't slept a wink.

I walk out into the cold dawn air where the sun is still isn't awake. I walk over to the stadiums where the rounds are held. This is where I'll be in a couple hours.

"Ha!" I hear the clashing of a sword, I rush over to the other stadium where I freeze as I see Elena standing there, fighting a wooden dummy.

"El-!" I stop as I see Elena patting her dragon and her aunt walk over and pats the Aries as well.

How? Her aunt is a female... I thought Elena was the only one...

"Hey!" I yell as I rush over,

"Excuse me, can I help you?" Elena asks,

"How can you do that?" I ask,

"Well she is of Elreena B-" her aunt raises her arm across Elena and she closes her mouth.

"Can I help you?" Her Aunt asks,

I stand confused,

"If there is nothing you need, I have to get back to training." Elena turns around,

"Elena, where have you been?" I ask,

"Um, why is that any business of yours?" She adds,

"Because I am your friend... and a friend of Jackson," she is acting weird,

"I'm sorry you must have me confused, I have never met you in my entire life."

"You're acting strange." I tell her,

"That's flattering. Hey, do you know when Jackson is coming back, cause I know-" she starts,

"Elena, Elena leave this to me, I'll escort this person out. Keep training."

Her aunt walks with me. We turn around the corner before I swing her around and stand in front of her, cornering her between me and the stadium wall, all out of the sight of Elena.

"What did you do to her?" I interrogate,

"What do you mean?" The aunt acts clueless.

"You have done something. Why doesn't she know who I am? And why does she think Jackson is coming back?"

"That is none of your concern,"

"It is very much my concern,"

"You listen here. You stay away from Elena, you are only danger and trouble"

"What? You have only known her for a couple weeks, your more trouble than I will ever be to Elena."

"Elena is different and you have no idea what danger you have already put her in. If you go near her anymore, I won't just erase her memory of friendship with you, I'll erase you out of her existence completely." Her aunt threats, before walking back into the stadium.

***

"Welcome to day two of the Duel Testing!!" The announcer yells as the crowd cheers.

What is going on? Elena has her memory erased of me and the death of her brother, her aunt can be around dragons, this makes no sense.

"Hey Ash," Harry knocks on my shoulder, "you seem in the gutter, are you afraid it will be your turn today?" Harry jokes,

"Nah, I will be on Day 3." I tell him,

"How do you know?"

"Cause uniques are on the third day," I justify,

"True,"

"Hey have you seen Elena?" I ask him,

"She's back?"

"Yup, talked to her this morning."

"Aww man, there goes ten bucks."

So I guess that is a no. I don't care what her aunt said, I ain't going to leave this alone. Something just isn't right. I glance around the stadium and there, Elena. I watch her as she says something to her aunt and walks out. I follow her.

I see her walking to go visit Aries, she must know she isn't on today and wants to get in some more training.

I grab her and She turns around.

"Hey! Oh it's you," she realises as she turns around, "What do you want?"

"We need to talk," I tell her,

"About what? This is stupid," she tries to walk away,

"About your aunt." I grab her again,

"What about her?"

"How she tame dragons?" I ask,

"She can't tame them,"

"But I saw her petting your dragon,"

"That was just a pat, not taming."

"How can she do that, only guys can go near dragons, you being the only exception."

"Because-" she looked like she was about to give a direct answer, but now is rethinking. "Because she has my genes, anyone related to our family, once they take DG pill."

"The Dragon Gene pill, I thought they were a ruse and didn't work at all,"

"Our family line is born with one half of the dragon gene, me being the exception, the DG pill temporarily gives them the gene. Dammit, I've said too much. I have to go." She pulls away and rushes away.

"One more question!" I yell,

"What is it?" She turns,

"Do you know who I am?" I ask, she looks down,

It is like a dull image, flashes of visions and a tingling feeling in my finger, I don't know if I know him...

"I don't know," she rushes off in the other direction.

Day 3 is here, the announcer has already confirmed my battle, it is against Bailey Johnstone, from Fanerie. We are second up. The first battle has ended with David getting dragged off the field. 

I stand in the stadium, breathe... feel my surrounding, clear my mind.

  Bailey Johnstone, my height, light brown hair and is an equal match to me. He has a regular Earth Dragon, with an irregular class. He must have some trick up his sleeve, or he wouldn't be held on the third day, or partnered with me.

I close my eyes.

Breathe. Clear my head. Nothing matters but this match.

"Are you ready?" My opponent smirks cheekily,

My eyes spring open. "Ready."

***********************************************

Thank you for reading!!!

I know it has been a while since I updated, but my laptop screen is broken.

I hope this is a good twist, what has happened? What is going to happen?

30 chapters or 50! Make your decision below before I chose for you!!!!!!!

PS I typed this up on my PHONE!! I SUCK AT PHONE TYPING, THIS WAS HARD TO WRITE.

Thanks for reading.

Lots of Love.

<3 <3 <3