57

*Steve’s POV*
“We can't go in there. The building’s going to collapse on itself. There’s no chance in saving her now,” Tony yelled through all the commotion. We were able to take the strange kid out with a tranquilizer, now we were just searching for any stragglers.
“What the hell is that?,” I heard Natasha ask above the commotion. She was looking up at the sky when she asked. I looked up as well.
“Holy shit.”
It was unlike anything I have ever seen before, where was Fury, I owe him ten dollars now.

*Della's POV*
I could hear everyone and everything they were saying. I heard “angel”, “what the fuck is that”, and “remarkable”.
“They're gonna cage me for sure,” I told my dad who flew beside me.
“I won't let them, Delora.”
“Thanks for the reassurance, Pops, but you don't know these people.”
He didn't reply right away but then he added. “Why are you afraid? You can leave any time you want, dear girl. You can go anywhere you want. Why do you choose to stay?”
Look who's speechless now. I couldn't answer right away so I settled with silence until I remembered something. “By the way I would like my real name to be a secret, I don't want to feel the constant pain every time someone calls me for something.”
“What name do you go by?”
“Delana, or Della.”
He understood, when I looked at his face I read it as “I'm sorry”. I had so many questions for this man and he better give me answers.
We finally touched down. I stood there with my wings at my sides. Everyone was gawking at me.
“Red bull gives you wings,” I joked trying to lighten the mood.
“If that was true then I'd have bigger wings than yours,” Tony laughed.
I think they had their fill of this reveal so I began to retract my wings as did my father. I grunted in pain when they were fully inside of my back.
“So it is not a trick?,” Wanda asked.
“Nope, all me.”
They were all still trying to process this that they didn't even notice my dad. I turned around and sensed people coming our way, it was Shield.
“Nick is coming. I would like to keep this a secret from him but if you guys are uncomfortable with that then go ahead,” I walked with my dad to meet up with Fury.

*Steve's POV*
“I know my decision. I hope you guys can make the right one as well,” I walked after Della. I noticed Bucky was already walking ahead of me so I ran up next to him. “Did you know about her wings?,” I asked.
“Not a clue,” he looked down like he just realized something.
“What is it?”
“I think she was trying to tell me before but I had to leave to meet up with you. She wanted to tell me but I left.”
“She wasn't ready then, James.”
I heard footsteps behind us so I looked back. The whole team was coming behind us their faces read disbelief and trust.

*Della's POV*
Once Nick picked us up I was in the med bay area making sure the wound in my chest was clean. I was looking at the bullet when Tony walked in.
“Lucy, you have some 'splaining to do!,” he joked.
“Waaaaa,” I cried.
He smiled as he walked to the back to get something to drink.
“I'll tell you guys everything but not here. Not with Nick around, alright?”
“That's cool, what's with the guy who looks like you?”
“He's my dad.”
Tony spat his drink. “What!”
I nodded. “Could you scan him or something, make sure he's not lying?”
“I already did when you guys landed, he is your father,” he said it with the voice stylings of Jerry Springer.
He walked out after his drink. My dad came in after him. The wound sealed up nicely but there was still a small burning sensation inside.
“Is your wound ok?”
“Yeah, nothing I couldn't handle.”
He nodded and sat down. “Are you sure everyone is going to keep your secret?”
I shrugged. “I don't know, honestly.”