Chapter 7

It was just another day in Paris; it was windy, dull and very cold. People waited in bus stops, in traffic and at the Metro. But for me it was not another normal day, I was being dragged by five husky puppies down the street. I’m sure the people I passed got some laugh watching me struggle and hold onto their leads for dear life because if I lost them Hamilton would kill me. Actually who am I kidding he doesn’t give a shit. I could probably let them go right now and he wouldn’t give a crap. He is just so heartless. I arrived at the vets and quickly checked my watch. I had only a minute to spare. After struggling at the entrance for a good minute trying to open the door, missing the massive sign that said ‘Push’, I shuffled inside and collapsed on one of the chairs.

The lady on reception cleared her throat. “Give me a minute” I wheezed. She sighed loudly and her perfectly manicured nails continued to tap away on her keyboard. She was a chubby lady with dyed blonde hair and a sour expression on her face. She didn’t seem like the nicest woman in the world. She acted like she had a stick shoved up her arse. There was only one other woman in the waiting room. She was too busy typing in her phone to notice me. She had what looked like an oversized rat stuffed into her handbag. The poor animal, I felt bad for it. The girl finished with her phone and threw it into her bag, my nose scrunched up in disgust; imagine if it went to the bathroom in her bag.

I pushed myself out of my seat and slowly walked towards the receptionist’s desk. I winced in was not a good day to where high heeled boots. I don’t know what I was thinking; those little puppies seemed so helpless yesterday. I leaned against her desk. “Hi...” I quickly scanned for a name tag “Madame Amelie, I have an appointment with Dr. Cassio Richmond for half nine” The woman huffed and typed away on her computer. “I am not Madame, I am not old enough” she hissed. I just nodded and quickly apologised, she definitely wasn’t a Mademoiselle, she is way too old. I sighed and rolled my eyes. “He is ready to see you” she said with a fake smile on her face. I grimaced and grabbed the dogs by their collar and walked into the hallway.

The dogs didn’t want to do the dragging and suddenly the roles were reversed. I pulled them through the doorway and into the examining room. My back was in bits afterwards.

Once the door closed behind me, I dropped their leads and ripped off my hat and scarf. I was way too hot. I quickly fanned my face with my hat and turned around to face the vet. He had his back to me. But my, was he sexy. He was tall, thin but not too thin and had a gorgeous head of chocolate brown hair. One of the dogs nudged my leg and I looked down. Its cute little face was squished against my leg and its eyes were closed. I reached down and gave it a rub.

“Jesus, five puppies, how did you get here!” the vet exclaimed in a sexy British accent. I quickly glanced upwards and my mouth dropped open. He was gorgeous; he had lovely stormy blue eyes surrounded by crow’s feat. His eyes were wide with surprise and he was grinning at me. His smile was so genuine and his teeth were pearly white. He had some facial hair but not too much, it was very sexy. The white coat he wore brought out his light tan. I sighed, he was just too cute. I could just imagine him walking up to me and kissi-. I was brought out of my day dream by his voice.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry I didn’t even notice them there, no wonder you are so surprised” he apologised and ran across the room and removed the bloody gloves from the counter. “Oh it’s okay” I composed myself and smiled back at him. I didn’t want to have to explain to him that it was actually him I was staring at in surprise and was fantasying about him kissing me. I went bright red with embarrassment. “I was delivering two puppies earlier” he said with pride in his voice. My mouth was dry so I just nodded in reply. Ugh he must think that I’m so stupid.

“Anyway don’t hang by the door bring those little puppies forward and let me have a look” he said and beckoned me forward. My eyes widened, well that escalated fast, he wants to see my boobs already. He slowly walked towards me and then bent down in front of me. Oh god what is he doing! “Aww they are so cute, how old are they?” he asked while looking up at me his blue eyes glistening. I quickly looked down and my shoulders dropped. God I felt like such an idiot, he was talking about the dogs all along. I laughed to myself, how could I forget that five puppies were surrounding me. And how could I possibly think that he was talking about my boobs. Who calls breasts, puppies. I rolled my eyes at my stupidity.