Chapter Twenty-Five

Here's chapter 25! I hope everyone likes it! Thank you so much for reading and voting, it means the world to me! Enjoy! xo :)

Chapter Twenty-Five (Harry’s Perspective)

Her hair is cold and still damp against my neck. I can feel myself about to drift off to sleep, but I force myself to stay awake so I can enjoy this time she’s allowing me. Who am I kidding? She has me whipped. She always has. She makes me weak. But at the same time, strong. I think that’s what love is all about, really.

Her arms tighten around my torso and she pushes her face closer into my chest.

“Harry?”

“Yes?”

“I really miss Toby. And Shea and Baylor, too. They were my family for a few weeks and now they’re gone.”

“I have no idea who those people are,” I say honestly. She’s never mentioned them before. I want to know them, though. Her roommate Shea sounds nice. And even those guys Toby and Baylor. Honestly, what kind of names are those anyway? They sound like two hicks from the country. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just they’re uncommon names.

“What do you mean? You- oh. Never mind…” She trails.

“Yeah. The other four have met them, I haven’t,” I clarify. She nods against my chest before sitting up slightly and looking me in the eye.

“I’m gonna tell you everything,” She explains.

“Okay?” I say, a crooked grin tugging at the corner of my mouth.

“You sound so enthused,” She says sarcastically.

“I really am, actually. I want to know about the people that kept you safe when I couldn’t,” I admit, caressing her cheek with my thumb before she presses her palm to the back of my hand, holding it to her face. She smiles and releases it, lying back down against my chest.

“Toby, my roommate, was my best friend,” She begins. I immediately push her off of me abruptly and lock eye contact with her as she shoots me an utterly shocked look.

“What?!” She exclaims.

“You lived with some random guy?” I demand indignantly. How could she be so stupid? How could Louis and Liam be such idiots as to set her up with a guy in the first place? I’m going to castrate them the next time I see them.

“No! Toby is a girl! She spells her name with an ‘e’, T-O-B-E-Y,” She spells. Relief immediately washes through me and I let out a gigantic sigh.

“Oh.”

“Geez, overprotective much?” She says, grinning uneasily.