July 2

"Camz," Lauren whispered, running her hand through tangled dark tresses that were covering Camila's sleeping face. "Camz, it's time to get up, we have to get ready to go." Lauren placed her lips on Camila's forehead, letting them linger, her hot breath against the girl's skin, only pulling back when she felt her start to stir. As Lauren saw her eyes flutter open, brown locked with green and Lauren smiled, "I'm going to make coffee, wakey wakey my love."

They hadn't gotten much unpacking done, they had set up their bedroom and their library slash art studio as they called it, but that was all. There was still piles of boxes in the untouched living room, furniture covered in the plastic they had been wrapped in when delivered and Lauren was currently rifling through the boxes scattered in the kitchen, trying to locate the coffee machine that her and Camila had purchased, along with container of coffee. She stopped for a minute, realizing they hadn't done any groceries and the thought of black coffee made her insides curdle with disgust. Camila usually poured enough sugar and cream in her coffee, that if spread out would be adequate enough for at least four regular cups, so she resigned and walked back to the bedroom. 

"We have no cream or sugar," Lauren mumbled as she crawled back into bed, Camila still under the covers. 

Camila quirked an eyebrow as she watched Lauren settle in beside her, "I thought we had to get up."

Lauren hummed, nodding her head and she looked down to see Camila playing with the ring on her finger. "You okay?" She asked reaching out for Camila's hand. 

"Do you think they'll let me keep it on at the hospital?" Camila wondered out loud, "I mean, will they make me take all my jewelry off, do you think-"

"If they do, it will be here the whole time, waiting for you to return, just like I will be," Lauren smiled, trying to hide her sadness and closing the gap between her mouth and Camila's cheek, but the contact was lost too soon as Camila rolled over and opened the drawer on the table next to her side of the bed. 

"At least one of us should be wearing a ring though," she said as she turned back to face Lauren, placing the small box on the pillow next to her fiancée's head. Lauren's eyes widened and Camila just smiled, watching Lauren pick up the box. "You beat me to it, I had this whole plan," Camila shrugged. "Not that I could have followed through since I'm going to be gone for two weeks, but I just, I wanted you to know I was going to propose to you if you hadn't done it first and I want you to have your ring to look at while I'm away and-"

"Wow-"

"You like it?" Camila asked as Lauren opened the box. Turning her head towards Camila, she nodded, tears forming in her eyes and Camila immediately wiped them away, "Please don't cry, I feel like that's all we do lately."

"And sex," Lauren added. 

"We cry and have sex," Camila agreed with a laugh. "We sound-"

"Completely perfect," Lauren said as she rolled onto her side and held the box to Camila. "Will you put-"

"Yes, of course," Camila said, noticing how Lauren's eyes shot up to the writing on the wall and Camila let out a small laugh. "Laur," she said as she pulled Lauren's hand so it was between them. "I love you," Camila breathed out, as she slid the ring onto Lauren's finger, their eyes locked together. 

" I love you too, Camz," Lauren said as she looked down at the jewelry now sitting on her hand. 

---

Ally: You guys left already?

Lauren: Camila didn't want to say goodbyes, she just wanted to go