a bad day (isn't as bad when you're here)

cross-posted on vka

++

To summarise; Jungkook's day has been horrible.

The first thing that happened was forgetting to set his alarms the previous night, so he woke up an hour later than he should have. Not having time to either shower or eat breakfast, he had quickly exited his apartment to run to his workplace, tripped once because he didn't tie his shoelaces properly, gotten scratches on his hands and bruises on his knees but kept running to work. His shift had practically begun forty minutes ago, he was fucked.

Since he did arrive close to an hour late to his shift, Jungkook worked overtime, so he didn't get to eat lunch either. Fortunately, he remembered it was Friday today and felt a little relieved, though he knew the day was far from being over. Throughout the day, his boss had yelled at him for coming an hour late, he got annoyed looks from his co-workers when arriving, he messed up many orders and probably made many customers disappointed because of it.

His shift ended at three pm, after that he had to go grocery shopping, only to realise he had literally forgotten his wallet at home. Close to breaking down into a complete meltdown, he had walked back home with a lump in his throat and tears burning. The hunger wasn't even there anymore, Jungkook was just tired, sad, frustrated and angry. Never in his life had he experienced a worse Friday.

So, now, it's closer to eleven pm and Jungkook still hasn't eaten because he's tired and it doesn't feel worth it. The only thing he wants is to call Taehyung, his boyfriend, and ask him to come over. Being with his boyfriend always brightens his mood, but it's late and he's sure Taehyung has better plans at eleven pm on a Friday night. Usually, when bad days like this one occur, Jungkook tells Taehyung about them because the older often tells Jungkook about his bad days as well. But tonight, Jungkook only feels like a bother if he'll mention it.

Despite working overtime today, Jungkook just knows his boss won't give him enough money for it. And he doesn't have a lot of money as it is, which is also a reason to why it feels unnecessary to go to the grocery store around the corner to buy something to eat. He doesn't have much in his fridge and he doesn't have much money. Not a good idea.

Lying on the couch, Jungkook is very surprised when he hears someone knocking on his door. He's almost too lazy and tired to get up, but he manages and sits up with a sigh, walks over to the door without bothering to check himself in the mirror. It's probably just his neighbour wanting to borrow some milk or whatever, she usually comes over to ask such things.

But to Jungkook's (pleasant) surprise, opening the door he's greeted by Taehyung showing off a wide smile. Butterflies fly around for a moment before Jungkook feels the confusion. "Taehyungie? Why—" He's cut off when the older wraps his arms around the other's waist, leaving a quick peck on the tip of his nose. "I missed you." The older says, answering the question Jungkook was about to ask. "And you haven't texted me since this morning and you always text or call at night, I had a feeling you weren't doing too good. How are you?" Taehyung then continues, leaning back a little to close the front door before re-wrapping his arms around Jungkook.

It's crazy to Jungkook how the older just knows when something isn't completely right. Still, the younger doesn't feel like mentioning his terrible day with no food, hurtful comments being thrown at him and with a single tear falling after he had arrived home. He doesn't want pity. Sure, cuddles would be nice, but he'd be happy with cuddles without needing to speak much.

"I'm good." Jungkook lets out, trying to give the older a warm smile but by the look Taehyung is giving him, he knows the older isn't trusting those words. Tightening the grip around Jungkook, leaning his face a little closer, Taehyung speaks. "Are you sure? Because I see your eyes glistening with tears and I don't want you to keep your tears in."

Shocked is an understatement to describe Jungkook's reaction. Did he have tears in his eyes? Blinking in surprise, a single tear manages to fall but despite Jungkook trying to quickly wipe it away to prevent Taehyung from noticing, it's to no avail because Taehyung takes hold of his hand, squeezes it a little and presses his lips against Jungkook's forehead for a few seconds. There, more hot tears escape. The stress from this morning, as well as the embarrassment from today when his boss yelled at him and also the panic and frustration from when he realised he'd forgotten his wallet falling down his cheeks as tears. Words being unspoken.

Taehyung doesn't fully understand how his boyfriend's day has been, but seeing Jungkook silently crying like this, he knows it wasn't good at all.

Jungkook rests his forehead on Taehyung's shoulder as he lets the tears fall. He isn't sobbing or anything, he just lets the tears make their way down his face while he sniffles a little from time to time. Eventually, as Taehyung slowly rubs his hands over Jungkook's back in a calming manner, the younger calms down a little and the two sit down on the couch where Jungkook has previously been lying.

Briefly, Jungkook tells Taehyung about his day. How he slept in way too long, what his boss said to him, the looks he got, forgetting his wallet, almost crying when coming home, having no food all day, about how he didn't want to tell Taehyung this because he's embarrassed and only feels like a bother to which Taehyung only responds with a kiss.

"Baby, you know you never have to tell me these things, but I want to know because I care about you and if you're having a bad day I really want to know about it so that I can cheer you up," Taehyung speaks, one arm draped across the brunette's shoulder, fingers playing with the younger's earlobe where his earring is hanging. "So, it's Friday, I don't know about the time but come here," Taehyung then says, moving his arms away before wrapping both arms around Jungkook, pulling the younger into his lap carefully, hugging him in a way that looks quite uncomfortable but is anything but that.

"I'll stay here for the night, whether you want me to or not," he whispers, in a caring and homely way. Their legs are a little tangled, Taehyung lifts Jungkook's chin up to connect their eyes. "Is that okay with you?" Of course he asks anyway.

Nodding, Jungkook gives him a weak smile. The younger has never been good with words after rambling about stuff, which is okay, Taehyung doesn't mind. With his fingers still on Jungkook's chin, the younger's head tilted up, he leans in and gives Jungkook a kiss. Hand moves down from the younger's chin to lay on his thigh, the other hand placing on his waist. Their lips move slowly, it's tender but careful, sweet but a bit heated. The only sound being heard is their lips touching, as well as slight shuffling from when Jungkook moves closer to Taehyung, erasing the space between their bodies almost completely.

They kiss for a bit, hands shyly moving, nothing becoming too heated because neither feel like it. Making out is nice, they do it for a few minutes before letting go, and when Jungkook giggles, Taehyung feels accomplished.

"Let's order some pizza, Guk, you need to eat and I'm hungry as well," Taehyung then blurts out, dialling the number already to which Jungkook laughs sweetly.

There really isn't a better boyfriend than Taehyung, Jungkook secretly (and cheekily) thinks to himself as he watches the older order for the two of them.