chapter thirteen | Confessions

>>golden's p.o.v.<<

I walked out of the bathroom and adjusted my tie. I felt so stupid in this suit. It was so out of place. The wind hit my face and blew my hair as I walked outside. The tree's leaves curled and rocked. This scene felt too perfect, and I didn't like it.

"What'cha staring at?" A voice called from behind me. I turned and saw Tina at the ticket table. I shrugged.

"Just... Contemplating, I guess." I replied, my hands finding their way to my pockets. She laughed.

"Contemplating what, exactly?" She said and patted the seat next to her. I made my way over and slowly sat.

"I don't know. Kinda just how lame it was to come to the dance without a girl." I replied although I wasn't being quite honest. It wasn't that lame to come without a date. I didn't even really care. I had my best friend to keep me company.

"Oh, I didn't come with a date either." She said. I laughed as I remembered what happened at lunch. She scowled.

"Sorry," I said and shrugged. She sighed.

"It's cool, I'd be laughing too if you were the one who got humiliated in front of the whole school. Anyways, what's your name? I don't think I've seen you around." She asked.

"Golden," I replied. She laughed.

"I asked your name, not your favorite color." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"No my real name, just a nickname."

" That's your nickname? You're joking..." She said. I laughed.

"It's cool. If I were you, I would think it's a joke too." I replied, quoting her. She giggled. Oh god, girls always had to ruin everything by giggling.

"You're cute." She said. My cheeks turned pink.

"T-thanks," I replied. I felt her looking at me so I turned, and as I did I felt lips against mine. She was kissing me. A girl was kissing me. But for some reason...

It didn't feel right.

It felt...

Wrong.

As if...

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

I pulled away and she stared at me.

"I-I'm sorry. My friends are waiting for me." I said as I quickly stood up. I began to walk away.

"Wait!" She called after me, but I didn't care. I had to get away. Get away from something that was supposed to make me feel good but made me feel bent.

I was glad to be greeted with blue as I walked in. I made my way to the table and sat. I sighed and placed my face in my hands. This was just too much. I needed to talk to someone, and there was only one person.

"Where's Spring?" I asked and looked around. Freddy laughed.

"He went to look for you." He said and played with the food on his plate. Of course, he did. I did take almost 10 minutes. I stood up.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"To go find Spring, duh," I replied and began to walk out. I stopped. Tina would see me if I went out of the front, and I could not deal with her right now. I looked around. Where to go? Where to go?

Back entrance. Perfect. I walked towards it and pushed it open. The football field stretched out far in front of me as I began to walk across. I could see Fritz on the track field and picked up the pace. Maybe he knew where he went.