Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: Sorry! A lot going on for me this last week or two, life sometimes deals you a bad hand - but here is your update!

                                        ~ ~ ~

Derek decided to wait until the morning to rally the rest of the pack and talk them through the goings on of the night before. When he got back to the loft he knew that Isaac was already there and thought better than to bother him.

He knew Jackson would have trouble keeping his mouth shut and he was right because it ended up being Isaac who bothered him with a text that called a pack meeting for the next day. Derek would have to remember to tell Jackson not to be too eager but he knew he was only doing it because he cared about his friend.

Derek often wondered if they were headed for another human addition to the pack with Danny, but Jackson was sure that he didn’t want to involve him in that world. He knew it would make him a target if something bad were ever to happen and Derek was just fine keeping their secret with as few people as possible.

They all made their separate ways to the loft, all but Lydia who claimed that if Stiles didn’t have to go then she didn’t either, given her human status. Jackson tried to argue that Stiles wasn’t even in the state but she told him that there was nothing much she could do about their issues with the other pack anyway.

He gave up on the argument after that and just headed over to Allison’s to pick her up.

Boyd and Erica walked to the loft from his place in mostly silence.

“You know what he’s going to say don’t you?” Erica said, not looking up at Boyd as they walked.

He sighed. “I’m trying not to think about it.” He said.

“Well you’re not going to have much of a choice. If he says―”

“I know what it means Erica.” He snapped.

“I’m just saying, that’s all. You had to know this wasn’t a good idea when you started.”

“Thanks Erica.” Boyd said and Erica just rolled her eyes.

“Just saying is all.” She said. “Guess I’ll shut up now.”

“Sounds like a good idea.” He said.

Scott headed up to the loft and was greeted by Isaac with a big kiss less than two feet out of the elevator.

“Missed you.” He said with a grin and Scott just laughed.

“One day away from me, man, you must really get bored.” He said.

“Yeah well, Stiles is away, Derek’s a grouch and God knows what Erica and Boyd get up to.” Isaac said.