Epilogue

Two years later

Sophia's P.O.V.

Today was Chase's birthday. He was turning two years old. My little boy was growing up so fast. As he grew older, he looked like Xander more and more. Not only by appearances but also by character. They were alike in almost everything. He was a stubborn child just like his father. If he wanted something, he knew how to get it.

We were going to celebrate his birthday party at home. We prepared everything. Every little thing came to a halt. I looked out through the window. Xander and Chase were walking in the garden.

 Xander and Chase were walking in the garden

Chase waved his hand at me when he saw me. They came to the living room.

"Come on, son. Wash your hands," Xander told Chase.

"Ok, dad," Chase said. The housekeeper took him to the bathroom. Xander wrapped his arm around me and rubbed my belly.

"How is my daughter?"

"She is fine."

"Don’t stand for too long."

Our daughter was going to be born in a few weeks. I was in the last month of my pregnancy. The doorbell hummed. Chase ran to the living room.

"They came," he said, smiling. Our parents came and greeted us. A few minutes later, Ella and James arrived too. They got married a year ago. She was 7 months pregnant.

"Come on, Chase. Blow the candles."

Chase wrapped his arms around our necks, and we blew the candles together. Later, I was talking to my mom, Elena, and Ella. When I looked at the garden, Xander and Chase were talking. Xander was holding up the balloons. He was telling Chase something. They were getting along so well. Chase was getting along with everyone well, actually; he had a way with everyone. But there was a special bond between him and Xander. Of course, it wouldn’t have been otherwise when they looked like each other so much.

 Of course, it wouldn’t have been otherwise when they looked like each other so much

Two years later

I buttoned Chase's shirt. When the doorbell hummed, Chase wanted to go downstairs.

"Okay, son. Just a minute."

"Mom, hurry up. Aria came."

"Ok, you're ready. Go."

Aria was Ella and James's daughter. She was two years old. She was two months younger from Chloe, my daughter. Chase had a crush on her. When he heard that she was going to come, he was on cloud nine all day.

I went downstairs. As soon as Chase went downstairs, he held her hand. They looked so cute. Xander smiled at me when he saw me. He was holding our daughter in his arms. I walked closer to him and wrapped my arm around him. We had dinner.

After dinner, we were chatting and the children were playing. Chase was sitting next to Aria. He placed his hand on top of her hand. He looked at her and smiled. Aria also held his hand and smiled at him. They were very cute. We were watching them. Chase kissed Aria's cheek.

"Knight, tell your son to stay away from my daughter," James told Xander. Ella and I laughed.

"Aria is mine," Chase said while holding Aria's hand tightly and frowning at James. Ella, Xander, and I laughed.

"Where are you going to find a better son in law than my son?" Xander asked James while grinning.

"Like son like father," James said rolling his eyes. We laughed.

Chloe came closer to Xander. Xander picked her up and hugged her. They were talking, hugging each other. A few minutes later, Chloe fell asleep in his arms. James and Ella stood up and said goodbye to us. Xander didn’t want to stand up, so he wouldn’t wake up Chloe. He waved at them goodbye instead. I saw them out with Chase.

We returned to the living room. Chase was yawning. Xander stood up carefully, without waking Chloe up. Chloe had her arms wrapped around his neck. Xander went upstairs, and Chase and I followed them upstairs. I changed Chase's clothes and he went to bed. I pulled the blanket over him. I gave him a goodnight kiss. Xander came to Chase's room after putting Chloe on her bed. I went to Chloe's room. She was sleeping like an angel. I kissed her forehead.

I came to the bedroom. Xander was in there already taking off his shirt. I hugged him from behind and kissed his back. Xander turned around and looked at me with a passion held in his eyes.

"I love you, my angel."

"I love you too, my love." He kissed my lips passionately and scooped me up in his arms and carried me to bed.

The End.

Thank you for reading, voting and commenting.