Fourteen

"REMUS!" Florence shouted. She ran into his dormitory, looking around for the boy.

"Bugger off, Florence." James cried from his bed. He grabbed a pillow and chucked it at the girl. She caught it and threw it back.

"It's too early for this!" Sirius cried, pulling his covers over his head.

"It's not early!" Florence stated.

"It's pretty early." Peter mumbled from his bed.

"Sod off, Peter!" Florence scanned the room again. "Where the bloody hell is Remus?" She asked, her voice more hostile than the last time.

"We don't know!" James shouted, frustrated about being woken up.

"Rubbish."

"We don't!" Sirius claimed. Florence muttered something and walked over to Sirius. She ripped the covers off him. He let out a yelp and pulled the covers back on.

"How do you people not know where he is?" Florence questioned.

"Because we don't?" Sirius said blankly.

"Why do you care?" James asked from his bed.

"Because I have a question!"

"Well, then it will have to wait." Florence sighed and headed towards the door. Before she left she opened her bag and pulled out a dungbomb. She rolled it on the floor and walked out of the room. A few moments later she heard the boys scream. Florence walked out of the portrait hole, a smug smile on her face.

• • •

"Hello." Elizabeth said as Anna took a seat next to her. Elizabeth's brown hair fell freely down her back, which was unusual for the girl.

"Wearing your hair down?" Anna asked her.

"Yes, I am."

"Why?"

"Because I can." Elizabeth replied. She put the fork in her mouth and looked away from Anna.

"Elizabeth, where's Jen?" Anna asked.

"Still sleeping."

"Still?"

"It's Jennifer, of course she's still sleeping." Elizabeth chuckled and took a sip of the pumpkin juice.

"Fair enough." Anna mumbled, putting food on her plate. The doors to the Great Hall opened, shouts following. Anna and Elizabeth looked up to see what the fuss was about. Florence walked with a smug smile on her face as James and Sirius shouted at her. The girl didn't seem to have a care in the world about it. Peter stood behind them, quiet, but didn't seem pleased.

"Wonder what that's about." Elizabeth wondered, taking a bite of her muffin. Anna simply shrugged.

"No idea."

"Go find out."

"Pardon?"

"You're her friend, are you not?" Elizabeth asked.

"I mean, not quite friends but–"

"Oh well, it's close enough."

"But it's really–"

"Just go ask." Elizabeth said with a smile. Anna sighed in defeat and stood up. She walked over to where Florence was sitting.

"Florence." She said with a smile. The first year turned at her name.

"Hello, Anna." Florence said, smiling back.

"I don't mean to intrude, but do you mind me asking what that was about?" Florence waved her hand dismissively.

"Boys just being over dramatic. I tossed a dungbomb in their dormitory and after they all showered they had a thing or two to say about it. Not a big deal though." Florence informed her. Anna pressed her lips together and nodded.

"Ah, I see." Anna bid Florence goodbye and went back to the Hufflepuff table.

"Well?" Elizabeth asked.

"She tossed a dungbomb in their room." Anna told her. Elizabeth burst into laughter.

"That's great!"

"What is?" Jennifer asked, sitting across from Elizabeth and Anna.

"Jennifer," Elizabeth began, "nice of your to join us."

• • •

Argo lay by Florence's door, waiting for her to come out. He desperately missed running and was hoping the girl would walk out of the room.

"Argo!" Allison's voice called from down the stairs. The dog lifted his head up, but didn't run down the stairs. Allison walked up and spotted the dog laying near the door. She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Argo, you know Florence isn't here." Argo lay his head down and closed his eyes to take a nap. "Fine, just ignore me. You really are Florence."