- Pearls Of Wisdom From the Quran

Whether it was a gaze that we hid or a sin we did in the middle of the night or a Fajr prayer we missed.

Allah says:
“And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins – and who can forgive sins except Allah ? – and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.”

[Surah Al-Imran:135]

Allah here is talking about the muttaqeen doing any act of shamelessness.

The muttaqeen are being described that they may fall into traps. This is easier to understand now than ever before. You can’t take a 10 minute trip without being exposed to fahsha 100s of times.

They will make mistakes, but there is something they do after the mistake. They remember Allah.

Abu Huraira narrates that the Prophet said:
A man once committed an error and said: 
O Lord! I committed an error, so forgive me.
Allah: My servant committed an error and knew that he has a Lord Who forgives or punishes for the error. I have forgiven My servant.
The man committed another error and said: 
O Lord! I committed an error, so forgive me.
Allah: My servant knew that he has a Lord Who forgives or punishes for the sin. I have forgiven My servant.
The man committed another error and said: 
O Lord! I committed an error, so forgive me.
Allah: My servant knew that he has a Lord Who forgives or punishes for the error. I have forgiven my servant.
He then committed another error and said: O Lord! I committed an error, so forgive me.
Allah: My servant knew that he has a Lord Who forgives or punishes for the error. Bear witness that I have forgiven My servant, so let him do whatever he likes.
[Musnad Ahmad]

A Trick of Shaytaan When you do something bad and you are responsible to someone for that act, you avoid contact with them, because you know you have disappointed them.

When we sin who have we disappointed? Allah.

So shaytaan comes to you and says will you do good after you have sinned? You are a hypocrite, two faced.

So he keeps you in sin, makes you feel embarrassed to go in front of Allah and keeps you in sin.

The true muttaq as soon as he does something wrong he remembers Allah right away (not fa or thumma dhakarullah but dhakarullah).
Then they ask forgiveness from Allah for their embarrassing sins.

The word for sin used here is “dhunoob”, comes from “dhanab”, that which you are not proud of, that which humiliates you.

Allah says “and who can forgive sins except Allah?”

Who else do we have to turn to except Allah? Only Allah knows the sins in our closet that Allah has not exposed, we need to find time to ask Allah for forgiveness.

-Nouman Ali Khan on Who are the people of Taqwa