Training

A/N: I have had to rewrite this chapter three times because for some reason, it did not wanna save😒 I swear I think Wattpad hates me or something😂

***

Ava POV

I cuddled deeper into the warmth of my comfy blanket and was about to fall back asleep when my door burst open. I groaned, "what?"

Suddenly my blanket was yanked away and I yelled, "hey!"

"Get up, get up! Training will start in half an hour so get ready and go eat your breakfast."

I can hear uncle Dave move around the room but I just turned to my side and was about to fall into the land of sleep when I was suddenly drenched in ice cold water. I screamed as I shot up from the shock of the cold water. "What the hell?!"

He burst out laughing. "Come on, kiddo! You've just had your shower, now all you need to do is get dressed."

I glared his way as I can still hear him laughing, heading out of my room. That man I swear, I thought as I grudgingly got out of bed, shivering. I got ready within ten minutes and headed down to the kitchen. I sat at the counter, scowling.

"Awww, why the mad face?" He teased.

I just ignored him, still scowling as I started eating my waffles that he placed in front of me. He just chuckled and waited until I was done.

Once we entered the gym, he turned on some music and we started our usual routine, starting with stretching. It is currently 5 o'clock in the morning so we have a whole hour of training.

"Okay let's start off with drills," he started and I groaned. "Don't even bother complaining, get your ass to the bar."

The drills is a set of exercises that I perform, which starts from push-ups, then sit-ups, jumping jacks and lastly, pull-ups. Now don't get me wrong, they are easy to do after doing it for years but when you're doing a repetitive cycle of it, you will understand why I'm reluctant to do it. My uncle can make me do the drill until it feels like I'm dying.

I walked towards the bar, stretching my arms out until I feel both poles, letting me know that I'm right underneath the bar. I took a few deep breaths and waited for him.

"Okay, ready..." He blew the whistle and I automatically dropped down to do push-ups. He blew the whistle again, I quickly switched to sit-ups. He blew the whistle every few minutes, letting me go through the exercises. We were on the fifth round and I was already struggling in pulling myself up and down the bar but I just focused on my breathing. He kept me on the bar for awhile until he blew the whistle twice, letting me know it was over. I dropped to the floor, my knees nearly buckled beneath me but I grabbed onto the bar and steadied myself.

He gave me time to catch my breath as he gave me a bottle of water. I took a few sips of water when he told me to go to the mat. I placed my water down and walked towards the direction where I knew the mats were placed. Once we were there, I rolled my shoulders and started bouncing lightly on the balls of my feet.

"Okay, we only got fifteen minutes left so we are just going to work on defense okay?"

"What? Are you serious?" I complained.

"Yes, Ava, I'm serious. Saturday, we'll do aikido."

I held myself back from squealing and just nodded. I actually love learning different types of fighting styles and I still wonder how he knows to fight so well but he always says that he'll tell me one day and I never pushed him.