Chapter Two

Fenrir Greyback was hard to miss because even in a pub that usually only hosted the dregs of society, he was still a pariah. He sat alone in the corner as the four other men sat the far side of the pub glancing up every few seconds to ensure he wasn't going to 'wolf out' on them.

The bartender was watching him wearily but he relaxed slightly when Cassandra sat next to Fenrir. He trusted her ability to keep him calm. Maybe a little too much.

"Alright, Fen?" Cassandra asked with a smile. Fenrir nodded and tapped his nails against the table top. He was a man of very few words.

"I do wish you'd cut your fingernails. You only need claws when you're a wolf." Cassandra admonished as she lifted his hand and inspected it. He pulled it back roughly, ignoring her look.

"Oh stop fussing Cassandra." Fenrir sighed and Cassandra rolled her eyes. No matter what she asked he refused to refer to her as anything other than Cassandra.

"Maybe if you put a little more into your appearance you'd actually land a job." She sighed and looked up to him. He had a ratty beard and his hair was too thin to keep as long as he wore it. It made him look old, much older than he was.

"Cassandra, I'll leave now if you keep this up. How is the boy?" He asked and she rolled her eyes. He didn't know how to express his feelings so he threatened her to make her avoid topics he didn't wish to discuss.

"The same as he always is. Immature and rich." She sighed. It made her uncomfortable to discuss Regulus and Fenrir knew that so he moved on. They weren't the kind of siblings that could discuss anything and everything. She wished they were but Fenrir had very little emotions and it scared her when he stared blankly as she talked.

"How is school?" He asked and she sighed.

"What are you, taking your cues from a parenting book? I'm fine Fen, school is fine, Reg is fine. Talk to me about you." She sighed.

"Don't talk to me like that." He warned.

"Don't be such an arse Fen. I'm only trying to make conversation. I see you once a month and you barely even talk. What's wrong with you?" Cassandra asked with a small bite to her voice.

"I'm probably not going to be around much more after today. I'm just here to say goodbye." Fenrir stretched his arms out as he yawned, ignoring Cassandra's wounded look.

"Where are you going?" She asked softly. Fenrir had more patience when it came to his sister but he was still quite snappy with her and she had already pushed it today.

"The Dark Lord has chosen me for something only I can do." Fenrir didn't usually get excited so this was big. Big in a way that meant very dangerous. The cold began to spread from the centre of her chest.

"Fen, I thought you weren't going to work for him. You promised." She whispered and he rolled his eyes.

"Do you like the comfortable life you live? How do you expect me to continue to supply it without working?" He snapped.

"That's not working Fen, it's murder. You don't have to be like that." Cassandra shivered at the look he gave her and sat back in her chair. She had been scolded with only one look and she knew better than to question him further.

"When I'm finished the Dark Lord will have the advantage he needs," Fenrir promised. Cassandra didn't want him to have the advantage he needed. The only thing that kept him hidden was the fact that he was at a disadvantage.

The Hog's Head very rarely had any customers during the day. Usually, Fenrir and Cassandra would be alone in the pub so four was really quite a big crowd but it became apparent as to why it was crowded seconds after Fenrir had muttered those words.