Part 4

“ So Mina, did you like the food?”

“Yes. It’s quite good. It has this very distinct taste”

“I’m really fond of food hubs like this, they always invent something new for their customers”

“Oh really? Well that’s good to hear cause I have two friends who own a café just blocks away from where we live and they make this delicious, mouthwatering blueberry cheesecake, wanna check it out later?”

“That would be great, alright, I’ll give it a try. You know Mina, you’re really fun to be with, seriously. Everything just flows naturally and there’s no tension, you have that smile that I just can’t help but to smile too whenever I see it. Now I know why a lot of guys like you” Mina blushed bigtime, hearing that from someone whom she’s attracted to.

“Haha. I think the last part is  exaggerated” She said.

“Nah. It’s true anyway. So, do you have someone special right now? Who’s the lucky guy?”

“Funny thing is, there’s none. Just me and my beloved friends”

“Well I think that’s good news” Jackson joked.

As they were both laughing, Mina’s thought suddenly drifted to Chaeyoung. ‘Maybe this is for the best, Chaeng. Maybe this is the right thing to do, I’m not sure of what you feel for me, if you love me or what, I hope everything will turn out alright’ she thought.

“So Jackson, about the photoshoot for the next cover of the company’s magazine…” Mina started discussing about their upcoming work.

***

“S-Son Chaeyoung?! You are Son Chaeyoung ?!”

“Yes. I’m Son Chaeyoung What’s with that face? If you’re wondering, yes. I’m short. I lack height.”

“No,no,no it’s not that and besides I’m short too*giggles* I’m just surprised that the lady that I bumped into is the one i'm going to sing with. Please take care of me, let’s do our best” she bowed to Chaeyoung.

“Aish. Don’t be so formal, it makes me feel older, c’mon let’s take a look at the song”

“Okay, I hope it will be a hit *giggles*”

“You are one happy girl, aren’t you?” and they both laughed.

*after the song*

“Wow. That was a great song.” 

“It pumped my energy, I want to sing more”

“Woah. You’re an energetic child, haha, well if you still have some spare time, let me bring you to my friends’ café, you can sing there as a guest performer”

“really?! Cool! Let’s go now!”

“You really amuse me, do you know that? Let me get my things first, wait for me here, I’ll be back in a jiffy”

After gathering her things, Chaeyoung found herself singing some parts of the song inside the elevator “If they are happy, then let them be, it’s never too late to love again, I’m here, I’ll hold your hand…” She let out a deep sigh and mockingly laughed at herself. "Mina-ah, if you’re happy with him, then I’ll leave you two alone. Even though I want to fight for you, it seems that it’s no use cause I’ll be the one left here to lose” and with that final thought she smiled bitterly and hopped out of the elevator.

“Alright, let’s go”

“Okay , I suddenly feel nervous, I never sang at a café before so this will be my first attempt and I have stage fright” said Yeri while biting her nails

“No need to worry, judging from the way you sang, I’m sure you’ll do fine.”

“Awwww, really???”

“Yeah. Yeah stop making that puppy eyes on me, it reminds me of someone. Anyway, I was wondering, why do you have to carry such a huge bag? What, did you bring your whole neighborhood or something? Haha”

“Chaeng, you’re a meanie. *giggles* it’s just full of extra clothes, an umbrella, just incase it rains, my net book and music gadgets”

“Let me carry that for you, People will see us walking together, and because you're a little younger than I am, they’ll think I’m a bad little unnie for letting you carry a bigger bag, gimme that” Chaeyoung said before snacthing Yeri's humongous bag.

“Hahaha. Chaeng, you’re really fun to hang out with” said Yeri as she intertwined her hands on Chaeyoung’s arms.

***

Mina was quite comfortable seating in front with Jackson driving next to her.

“So where is this 2Yeon café again?”

“Oh just a few blocks from here, just drive a little  past through our apartment and there you are”

As they drove past some blocks near the café, Mina noticed two people walking on the sidewalk she smiled when she saw that the older girl was holding the bag of the other girl, it reminded her of Chaeyoung. Glancing at them once, she thought she saw Chaeyoung.

“Was that? No. My eyes are playing tricks on me, That can’t be Chaeng, she must be resting at home right now. Omo. “ She blinked her eyes multiple times before turning around to look at them again and what she saw crushed her heart. Chaeyoung carrying her bag and Yeri’s bag, Yeri chatting with her, both smiling and giggling at each other and Yeri’s hand wrapped around Chaeyoung’s arms.

Something inside Mina exploded. She felt her heart clench with a jolt of unexplainable emotion. All she knew, that whatever feeling it was, it sure hurts her so much. She felt thousands of needle struck her heart, she felt it being ripped apart.

“Who’s that girl? Why are they together? Looking so happy huh Son Chaeyoung? Even carrying her bag for her, How thoughtful of you. You two must’ve enjoyed this day.”

Seeing Chaeyoung happy with someone else made her realize what she felt earlier—Jealousy. It made her feel replaced and useless. She have never felt so jealous in her entire life.

Just leave a comment and i gonna conclude it for the next Chapter. - ChaengOppa 🐯