Chapter One - Stuffies

"Sam," Dean said, his voice wavering slightly while he gave his younger brother an uncertain look before he glanced back at the stuffed animal in Sam's hands. "Why-" Dean swallowed, licking his lips as he kept his eyes trained on the stuffed elephant, making Sam bite his bottom lip to keep himself from smiling wide. He had seen Dean eye the stuffed animals in the store, had caught him doing so for a few months now (and when he thought about it, he had seen Dean eyeing stuffed animals all the time) and he knew that Dean wasn't ever going to admit that he wanted a stuffed animal because 'dude, I'm twenty-seven years old man, I'm not going to get a fucking stuffed animal '. "Why d'you got that- that thing in your hands?"

"It's soft," Sam shrugged, petting the elephant on it's head before he started stroking it, making Dean swallow hard. "I don't know, I just thought it was adorable. Don't you think it's adorable?"

"Yea- what? Sam, dude, y- you're twenty-three, you're not really supposed to have a stuffed animal," Dean stammered, his ears flushing a dark red and Sam thought it was the most adorable thing ever. "Put it down, would ya?"

"Why can't we bring it with us?" Sam asked, cocking his head to the side and staring down at his older brother who gulped again, starting to shake his head. "Oh, come on, what did this cute thing ever do to you? Don't you want to give it a home and give it all the hugs it deserves?" Dean opened his mouth, wanting to say something but failing to find words, instead just shaking his head and turning around, angrily walking away from where Sam had been standing. Sam sighed, shaking his head while he placed the elephant back where it belonged, knowing that he was going to buy it (or some other stuffed animal, if everything was going to go according to his plan, he'd have to buy Dean lots of stuffed animals soon) later. His brother was being a pain in the ass, honestly. He knew that Dean wanted something like this, he knew that Dean had always wanted to be 'little' again but Dean didn't seem to want to admit that to himself.

And how does Sam know about it then, do you ask? Well, technically he was just guessing. But, seeing as he kind of was experimenting with it and seeing how Dean reacted on certain things that little kids reacted on, well, Dean mostly reacted in a way that told Sam that Dean wanted this but just could accept it himself yet. Sam didn't know why he didn't want to accept it- okay, that was a lie. Of course he knew why, it was pretty obvious after all. Dean had always been the 'big brother', the one who was responsible for everything that happened, the one that needed to keep Sam (and pretty much the rest of the world as well) safe from everything bad out there. And Dean had accepted his fate, the fact that he couldn't really not accept it also playing a part in his acceptance of his current everyday state, but that didn't mean that Dean didn't sometimes wish that it had all been different. Because he did, because he had never had a childhood. Or, at least not a healthy childhood in which he could be a little kid and just play with things while he had a daddy or a mommy (or even both) looking after him. He had always taken care of Sam, and now Sam thought it was time to turn that all around and have him take care of Dean instead.

Sam wouldn't mind, honestly. Taking care of Dean was something he didn't often got to do, and those two or three times he did were the best times ever. He loved taking care of Dean, absolutely and utterly loved it. He wouldn't mind doing it more often, and he definitely wouldn't mind taking care of a 'little' Dean, if that was what would make his brother happy. Because honestly? All Sam ever wanted for Dean was for him to be happy. And if playing with toys, wearing a diaper and being a three-year-old (or whatever other age Dean would regress to) was going to make Dean happy, then Sam would gladly be a part of that and take care of his big 'little' brother.

If only Dean would get that through his head and realise that Sam didn't give a shit about it if he wanted to be an adult baby or not. As long as Dean was happy, Sam was happy as well. But, Dean wasn't going to get that - not yet, at least. Sam was going to make him get it, that was for sure. And no, that didn't mean that he was going to force it upon Dean, no, he was just going to make it clear to his older brother that it was okay to be little, that it was okay to have something that made him happy, no matter how unusual this thing would be.

And Dean was going to realise that one day, Sam was sure of that. For now, Sam would just give Dean hints and try to gently coax him into getting into his headspace without doing much harm or forcing him to go. Because, no matter how much Sam wanted Dean to be happy, he still didn't want it to hurt his brother.

"Sam," Dean suddenly barked, standing a few feet away from his younger brother, cheeks red as he stubbornly kept his eyes turned away from the stuffed animals and all the other toys that were on display in the aisle. "Are you comin' or what?"

"Yeah, sure," Sam nodded, turning away from the soft elephant and walking toward his brother, pretending not to notice the longing look Dean gave the toys...