3. Weird

Dedicating this chapter to kassicast because I love your comments & a dedication was due from AWMA days. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER - 3

LOVE IS... WEIRD

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love—true love." ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

My eyes stayed fixed at the brown wooden door that was staring right at me, while my mind was busy recalling everything that had just happened. I was definitely the perfect picture of the color red. After processing the entire scene, my wide eyes went to my arms and my cheeks reddened a shade darker at the utter embarrassment that I had just faced.

Everything was Dylan's fault. If only he had not bumped with me, the coffee wouldn't have spilled on my clothes, I wouldn't have to remove my coat and I wouldn't have faced such an embarrassment. Stupid Dylan Parker!

But, could I really blame him? No!

It was all the fault of the guy who had just insulted me. Which guy observes such minute things about the girl he had just met and embarrasses her like this?

But, could I really blame him too?

Yes, of course!

Who else was to be blamed for my embarrassment? Not me, of course! Ahh...the sarcasm.

Shutting the inner mental battles that I could hear from inside me, I grabbed my coat and wore it immediately so it covered me just like it did when Steph had said something so similar to me. Oh, Steph, my beautician friend. Why didn't I listen to her?

I let out a groan in frustration and looked at the door again, but this time in determination.

How could he just say something like this to me? Has he ever looked at himself in the mirror? He looks like he had not shaved for at least three months and he was calling me a bear? Oh... the irony! Who does he think was? Who in the world was this guy? Maybe he was Ashton Parker's roommate.

But, then again, it was the infamous Ashton Parker and his near and dear ones I was dealing with. What else could I expect? A little voice in my head was laughing at me and saying, 'It's just the beginning.'

A little growl in complete embarrassment mixed up with frustration towards the Parkers escaped my lips as I tried to control my growing temper. Was this some way of greeting someone? Idiot bearded person!

Suddenly the door opened, making me step back in surprise again. "Now you're speaking your language," the same person from earlier stated with cockiness dripping from his voice.

I looked at him with slightly narrowed eyes and the smirk on his face just grew as he leaned against the door, blocking my way of entering inside the apartment and meeting his roommate - Ashton Parker. I tried to set aside the humiliation I had just faced and started saying, "Ahem... Ashton Parker?" I wanted to keep my conversation with this weird person to the minimum. One or two words were more than enough, seriously!

His eyes narrowed as if he couldn't believe that I was here to meet his roommate. Well, I couldn't blame him as neither could I believe the turn of events since this morning. Once again, with those striking grey eyes, he eyed me from head to toe and again from toe to head, while I resisted the urge to kick him in the shin, which was so against my principles. My methods of revenge were limited to sarcastic remarks and very light, colorful words. Never had I ever indulged in any kind of violence. But, this strange man was already making me doubt my own principals and methods.