85. You're A Competitive Robotics Nerd - Michael

Part 4/4

...
Requested by:
@-x-hunter-x-
...

Next chapter is: "you're a first responder"

WRITING THIS WHILE DYING THE ENDS OF MY HAIR PURPLE WOOP WOOP (it's temporary lol)

Storytime: do y'all know that thing ppl do where they spell "shook" with the os being their nostrils? I tried to be trendy but I forgot the h and my friend screenshot me so now there's a picture of my nostrils spelling "sook" which is apparent a female crab. But yeah my shame has been immortalized

Michael:  
"First match of the year ladies, let's make it a win!" Your team captain, Jade clapped her hands while you all scrambled to get ready. You all were in her garage, loading all of the things you needed into the van so you could take it with you to the workshop and arena that afternoon for the competition.

"I am NOT a lady," the only dude on your team, but an honorary sister, Zack complained.

"Alright, ladies and whiny baby, it's our first match of the year let's make it a win!" Jade corrected herself.

Zack harrumphed loudly as he grabbed a large container full of your various cables and robot parts. He held his chin high as he crossed the room to the van that you were all loading on your way to the competition. It was very early in the morning still as you'd need several hours to test and prepare before you were ready to compete. Plus there was the whole interview part of it, although you were vainly hoping to stay out of the limelight.

You watched as Zack crossed the room, rolling your eyes a little at how extra he was. The boy hung around five very dramatic girls all day, yet he was by far the sassiest.

Problem was, his sassy walk which involved a lot of hip movement and jutting his chin up, did not allow for checking his own surroundings. Or more specifically, the floor.

He ended up walking straight through a pile of loose cords. You winced while you watched him fall to the ground. He let go of the bucket which went flying and spilled all over in front of him. His hands went down in front of him to protect himself and a loud crack was heard as soon as he hit the floor.

"Ah!" He rolled over quickly from his stomach to his back and sat up.

"Oh my God!" Perrie ran over, "Are you okay?"

Zack paled and cradled his left arm, "not really."

You, Jesy, and Leigh-Anne stopped what you were doing and rushed over as well.

"Is it your arm?" You asked, squatting down so you could see it better.

"Yeah, it- wow it really hurts," he hissed.

You looked up at Jesy grimly, "it may be broken."

"Should I call an ambulance?" Perrie pulled out her cellphone.

You glanced at Zack, it was his call.

"Yes please!" He groaned and winced as he shifted.

Perrie nodded and pursed her lips. She stood and walked out of earshot then dialed 911.

"What's going to happen with the competition now?" Zack asked quietly.