The Impossible

The next day I surprisingly woke up early. After spending most my night with Tate I just laid in bed staring at the ceiling with a huge goofy smile on my face. Every now and then I'd squeal and make stupid movements when I replayed the moment with him in my head.

It was early in the morning and the sun hadn't came out yet. Most people would be sleeping and I would have been one of them if my body wasn't wide awake and if my wolf wouldn't have been stirring.

Sighing, I sluggishly moved to my closet however my body was wide awake so the rest of the way I skipped over.

Humming to myself I got dressed in my sweatpants and a fitting tee on top. Putting on my runners I all but ran out of the room. I headed outside and was greeted by snow that coated the grounds.

Smiling, I walked out of the building and far into the snow. Behind a stone I stripped and got ready to shift. I hadn't shifted in months and I was getting nervous.

C'mon let the beast out.

Shaking my shoulders I leaped forward and transformed into my stale blue looking wolf and in seconds I landed on the ground with paws.

A light pain lingered in my shoulders but I ignored it as I ran through the snow.

There was snow everywhere. The land was huge and that meant I could run up to such distances without being told off.

The wind hit me and my fur went wild in the breeze as I closed my eyes in bliss enjoying it. My fur was grey, but had a blueish tint to it not really giving it a labelled name.

After running for what felt like hours, but only minutes I went back to the large stone were I left my clothes and shifted back quickly getting dressed.

Walking back to the building, it was still pretty early and no one was around. Before I stepped out into the opening I watched from afar as a young woman appeared holding a little boys wrist and dragged him behind her.

My curiosity got the best of me and I jogged over to them while they were walking up the flight of stairs.

"Excuse me, do you need help with anything?" I asked and the woman turned around a scowl on her face but gave me a bright smile when she saw me.

"Oh hey! I'm just here to drop of Eddie! I'm his-well nanny I guess. I take him to my place and personally teach him," she said gazing down at him placing a hand on his shoulder.

I looked down at the little boy and immediately remembered Tate and Roger were talking about an Eddie arriving. The little boy looked around six but his height made him look eight, I wasn't to sure. He had light hazel eyes and dark hair. Just like Tate.

"I could take him to an alpha for you," I suggested in a light tone as the boy suddenly snapped his at me and nodded his head viciously.

I watched her expression darken but her smile never faltered. I noticed her nails dig into Eddies skin as he winced and slightly flinched away.

I frowned and looked at him in worry. It was very obvious she was hurting him and I didn't understand why.

"There's no need! If you could just show me the way..." She trailed of looking at the building her tight grip on Eddie never loosening.

"I'm sorry. But not just anyone could enter the building. I'll take Eddie here and you can leave," I said in a firm voice. I don't know what came over me. Power leaked from my voice and it surprised me but I didn't let that show.

I had the sense that this woman wasn't a good woman. Her eyes and posture gave her away. Eddie was suffering under her grip and I wanted to get the poor boy away from her even though I had no saying in this place.