twelve [edited]

Avery;)— your best friend finally got enrolled into a new school

Avery;)— your best friend finally got enrolled into a new school. it's a catholic school so it's perfect for her.

WJ— hey I can't really talk rn. my parents are asking me some stuff

Avery;)— aight

   Hostility soaked itself into the conversation topic as both of Warren's parents bored their eyes into their blank-faced son. He wanted for this entire year to be ripped off of the cosmic calendar and continue to the new year.
   Isaiah nudged the divorce papers in front of his son forcefully—full of ignorance and malice. Warren's mother played with the pearls wrapped around her bruised neck to avoid looking at her son.

      "We're getting a divorce, Warren," his mother told him carefully. "I want you to stay here with me while your father goes to live in Ohio."

   Isaiah corrected, "We're not getting a divorce, Isabell. I am a Christian man and I do not believe in divorce. We will talk this out but neither of us are leaving."

      "You don't have to leave but I know that I'm leaving tonight," Isabell forced, "I've been too good to you for you to sit here and lie to my face! I pulled the tapes, Isaiah. You cheated on me in our own company. The one that we built together."

   Warren's dad faltered, "I-I never cheated on you! And even I did, don't you think that I'd be smart enough to erase the security footage?"

       "I just said that I saw the tapes. I can play them right here since you're failing to remember what you have done several times this year!" She retrieved her laptop from her briefcase until Isaiah halted her actions. "I'm done with your sick game, Isaiah. I want out."

   Warren watched his family crumble to pieces with bored eyes. He knew from an early age that his parents weren't compatible in any sense of the word. He prepared himself for this moment many times so that the moment he would eventually experience wouldn't feel surreal.
   He couldn't care less about which parent he ended up living with. He only needed to live with them for eight months until he could legally leave them. His mother was too passive to attempt at arguing with him and his father acted out too aggressively for anything that he did to seem logical or well-thought out.

   Warren stated, "I don't care what happens at this point. Whoever wants me can fight for me in court because I don't want to pick between my parents."

      "Warren, just tell your father that you'd rather live with me. He doesn't understand you," Isabell insisted.

      "He's my son, Isabell. Don't make me seem like the villain here," Isaiah tightened his red tie. "I care about our son just as much as you do."