0044

Living in the Rocky Mountains came with its perks, but it also came with a whole lot of negatives. One of them being that no matter the weather, you were always going to feel a chill, there was no way around it. By this point everyone had came to accept the fact that everyday was sweater weather, and if you don't cover up, you're going to have a bad time. So, for the school to have every window possible open, it was a little mind blowing to say the least.

The hallways were as cold as the streets, filled with chattering teeth and the shivering of bones. Fortunately for Tweek, he'd been smart enough to wear a long sleeved shirt, though the same couldn't be said for Token, who rubbed his arms in attempt to rid himself from the goosebumps that had formed on his beautifully black skin.

With the majority of people either in the cafeteria or outside, the hallways were mostly vacant, aside from the odd student roaming. It was unusual to see the place so calm, without the pushing and shoving as students charged to their next class. Now the only sounds were the gentle chatter as two juniors walked passed Tweek and Token, that and the resonating footsteps that echoed off the lockers and walls.

Looking to his right, Tweek watched as Token walked on auto pilot, his head buried in the book he had been reading during his lunch. It's cover held a certain familiarity and upon further inspection, Tweek realised it was by William Blake, more specifically, he was reading 'A Poison Tree.' A poem their class had once wrote a report on.

"I didn't know you read that stuff." Tweek thought aloud.

Dark eyes moved away from the pages as Token regarded Tweek with a slight frown. "I don't." He lied, clearing his throat as he turned back to his book. "It just helps me get into the right head space to revise."

"I have a bunch of his work at home from last year. You can have them if you want." Tweek offered, glancing down the hallways. He noticed a girl coming their way, who was struggling to maintain her hold on all of her textbooks. The right thing to do, would be for Tweek to go over there and help her, but then again, it was non of his business. He averted his eyes quickly, pretending he hadn't seen her as he looked down at his shoes, listening to Token hum at his offer.

"Nah, I'm good." He replied, too concentrated on his book to even notice the girl huffing as she passed them. "My dad bought me an entire set last week. He was actually the one who actually turned me onto them. It's stupid really."

"It's not stupid, it's cool." Tweek said, and when Token skeptically looked to him with a raised eyebrow, he continued. "I mean, it's not 'cool', and I wouldn't suggest going around telling people, but I don't know, I just think it's pretty cool."

Laughing, Token shook his head, closing his book, before putting it away into the safety of his bag as he turned left down the hallway with Tweek right along side him. This entire time, Tweek had no idea where they were going. There was still another half hour left until lunch was over, but with the way Token slightly took the lead, it seemed he had a place in mind.

"You're strange, you know that right?"

"Yeah, I know." Tweek breathed, blocking out the muffled chuckle coming from his friend as they stopped outside of the library. Of course, he should've know Token would lead him here. "What're we doing here?"

"I want to get ahead in some of my classes." Token replied over his shoulder as he pushed the doors open. There wasn't many people inside, other than Wendy Testaburger and Kyle Broflofski. Two of the biggest book worms the school has to offer, and now with Token, it was a complete set.

Following closely behind, Tweek ignored Wendy's stare from across the room, as she slowly turned to the next page of her textbook. Thankfully the librarian wasn't around, her desk empty as the two friends passed it and headed to an empty corner of the room to sit down at the table.

"I like how you didn't mention where we were going, until we were actually here."

Token grinned, pulling out one of the chairs to take a seat, before hauling out a load of revision books and setting them down on the table in front of himself. Copying his actions, Tweek sat on the opposite side, his back to Wendy, though he could feel her stare still on him as he reached into his backpack to withdraw his calculus homework.

"So um, did I miss anything?" Tweek asked once they'd settled down. "You know, like, over the week."

Flipping to the correct page of his textbook, Token exhaled deeply through his nose, keeping his eyes lowered to his work as he began to speak. "Not much." He said, his voice seeming entirely too forced to be true. "Clyde had the chance to be team captain, but with his ankle, he's probably missed his chance."

Resting his elbows on the table, Tweek frowned, about to speak until he was cut off by Token, who hadn't finished his sentence just yet. "Damian quit the band. Says that we don't appreciate him enough. So if we don't find another drummer soon, who can play all of Nathan's songs perfectly, we're pretty much screwed. Oh, and Nicole broke up with me." He rushed the last part, head still down while he worked his jaw.

So by 'not much', he meant, 'everything'. Tweek parted his mouth, a small noise escaping his lips, and when he realised that wasn't much of an answer, he tried again. "Nicole broke up with you?" He repeated, confusion lacing with each word. "But why?"

"I don't know." Token sadly smiled as he looked out of the window. It was heart wrenching to see him in such a state, so unusual seeing as though he was always such a cheerful person. He was one of those people who made you wish would never experience anything negative, because he was just such a good guy. Tweek silently watched him, not wanting to interrupt as he imagined Token was replaying the memories he'd shared throughout the years with Nicole. "She didn't even give me a reason." His voice was calm, though there was a clear indication of sadness.

"I'm sorry, dude." Tweek sighed into his knuckles that propped his head up, disregarding the numbness of his elbow as it pressed down into the cold table. "I should've been there for you."

"You had you're own shit to deal with, I get that."

"That's not the point."

Looking back over, Token's demeanour suddenly changed to his usual self, so fast that all Tweek could do was stare in shock. He dismissed Tweek's statement as he moved his chair closer to the table, strangely an expert at masking his feelings. "Seriously, its fine, I'm over it and soon I'll be over her. We're going to go to Jimmy's lame movie night on Friday, have fun and forget about all of the drama."

Obediently nodding his head, Tweek looked down at his own work, not understanding a single thing while he picked up his pen. "Will you ask Clyde if he's going? It's way too much pressure to do myself."

"No way." Token chuckled, clicking the end of his pen, as he began to write on a fresh page. "That's all you."

"What? Why?"

"I could ask him and have him say yes, then when Friday comes around, we could all endure the tension between the two of you. Or, you could grow some balls and do it yourself." Token said. "He misses you, stop avoiding him. You know Clyde's as sensitive as they come."

"Nhh, do I have a choice?"

"No." The noirette smugly smiled. "You're seventeen, sometimes you have to swallow your pride and do the mature thing."

Groaning to himself, Tweek rubbed his temples as he stared down at his work. He had to talk to Clyde. Token wasn't going to help him, so he had to do it himself. Great. At least Clyde had sprained his ankle, and if things were to go wrong, he could easily flee. Though in that case, Token would be right, and Jimmy's movie night would be awkward for everyone. It was inevitable, however, if he could make up with Craig, then surely Clyde was no different.