5.✔

Cassandra's POV

"Cassie" I hear a small voice call my name.

I try to open my eyes but I just can't seem to get them to.

"Cassie you have to wake up... You can't leave me here by myself with that man." The voice cried.

I slowly started to realize who the voice belonged to, it was Ben's.

"Please... Don't leave me, I never meant the mean things I said... I love you Cassandra. A lot." His voice continued to cry over my body.

I again tried my hardest to open my eyes and this time they did.

"I love you too Ben." I quietly said to the crying boy in front of me.

His eyes shot open as soon as he heard my voice.

"Cassie!" He mused and hugged me as tight as he could.

"I thought you died and, a-and I'm so glad you're alright!" He said and hugged me again.

After our sister brother moment I asked the young boy in front of me a question.

"Where's Harry?" Ben looks at me funny.

"The man, where's the man."

"Oh, the man. Yeah, he went down to the basement." Ben said.

"What is he doing down there?" I asked wondering why he would go back down there.

"He said he just needed to cool off and for me to keep an eye on you." He said while helping me sit up.

I nodded and asked,

"How long have I been out?"

"Well this morning I went to your room but you weren't there so I came down here to find that man sitting beside you on the floor. He looked in pain so I really don't know." He breathed out.

"Well he knocked me out last night..." I said looking down.

"He knocked you out?!" Ben raised his voice.

"Yes, now how long has he been down in the basement?" I asked.

"He went down there like maybe, uh, like five minutes ago or something." With that I stumbled a little trying to get off the kitchen tiles and then stood upright.

"What are you doing?" Ben asked grabbing onto my arm while I walked over to the basement door.

I turned around to face him and said,

"We're getting out of here." I said smiling at my little brother, soon his smile matched mine.

"Now go up stairs but be QUIET and grab my back pack and get your shoes and coat on." I ordered.

He nodded then quietly hurried up the stairs. While he went up stairs to get his things I went over to the basement door and looked down making sure Harry was no where in sight. After I didn't see him I quietly shut the door and locked it followed by hooking the latch but I still needed something else to put in front of the door, I looked around the room and my eyes fell on this cabinet that holds moms nice dishes. I quickly ran over to it slowly trying to push it, after a good three minutes of pushing and tugging on the over sized cabinet it was finally in front of the basement door.

"I got the stuff Cassie." Ben said coming back into the kitchen.

"Okay good. Now go grab my shoes there in front of the door in the living room and get my coat please." With that he handed my back pack to me and was off to get my things.

I ran over to the fridge and grabbed five bottles of water then ran over to the cabinets and stuffed some protein bars in the back pack and then threw in some other snacks.

"Here are your shoes and coat."

Ben said handing me my things.

"Thanks." I quickly put on my boots lacing them up then moving onto my coat buttoning it and put the back pack on my shoulders.

"Come on Ben, let's get out of here" I said grabbing onto his arm walking over to the back door opening it then shutting it behind us.

"Why are we going this way?" He asked.

"I'll explain in a little bit, we just need to get out of sight first." He nodded then followed me down the back steps.

All we have to do is cross the field then get in the woods to be out of sight.

This is the bad thing about living out in the country, if anything were to happen you're pretty much screwed.

I still can't believe Harry punched me and knocked me out. There's something seriously wrong with that man but I guess one good thing is that he got the piece of glass out of my foot. It still hurts like hell every time I take a step though, it pushes on it and stings like fire. I'm not limping too bad though so I can still run just not as fast as I could if my foot wasn't hurt.

We were just now coming up on the woods. We hurried and and went in the forest of trees trying to get out of sight but before we were completely in I looked back only to find Harry standing on my back porch holding what looks like a gun...