Adventure

Samantha's POV.

Damon had been quite secretive about where our date was. He had shot all of my clues out the window.

I grew a little scared after he took me out of town but then he smiled and assured me that he wasn't going to harm me.

I believed him. Because I knew my mother would kill him if he made a sick move.

The moonlight glowed in the sky. Casting a dull glow of light on the earth. The music in the background was soothing. Especially if it was Enrique Igleseas. Who doesn't love him?

"Why so tense?" Damon asked. There was no other form of civilization around us. It was peacefully quite and we both enjoyed it.

"We're in the middle of nowhere. I'm kind of thinking your a serial killer that preys on young girls and dumps their body afterwards." I answered.

Damon laughed. "You either read too much books or watch too much TV." he commented.

I shrugged. "No, all I do is scroll the internet." I answered.

Damon glanced at me then turned back to the road, a smile tugging at his lips.

"The internet is good and bad, but who am I to say anything huh? A vampire, yes, but I'm not one to judge." he expressed.

I nodded in understanding, we drove a little further, exchanging jokes here and there as well as good childhood memories. When Damon was ten, his father took him fishing and he fell out of the boat because a fish pulled him. And when I was eight, I fell in my late aunt Cathy's pool when she told me to stay out of her hidden room.

The rest of the night was spent talking and us getting to know more about each other.

Turns out Damon had a thing for small diners and bar, that's where he took me. A place called Home for Retreat. I was confused at first but when I stepped in, I was sort of relieved that he didn't take me to a strip club or some outrageous restaurant.

The interior was better than the run down exterior. The inside wasn't as packed as I expected but it had quite a few people who lingered around.

"Stay close." Damon said gently taking my hand.

I oblique. I grew nervous as everyone stared at us. We had just walked through the doors and all eyes landed on us. The tables were scattered in different directions and the bar wasn't far away, it was around the corner from the entrance. We sat at a window. It was much quieter than the music that blasted through the bar area.

I looked at Damon, he smiled scanning the place quick before his eyes met mine.

"It's not as bad as you think." He reassured.

I could feel eyes boring into me looking for some form of information.

"Ignore them." Damon said. He then did some hand motion with his hand and the people seemed to back off. They didn't even glance at us anymore. I raised an eyebrow, impressive.

"Compulsion." Damon winked.

I didn't want to know how he managed to do that without looking them in the eye or something like that but I was thankful.

The rest of the night was spent with laughter, chattering and deliciously good food.

Never judge a book by its cover. Duly noted.

A few hours later, we left the restaurant, then Damon released them before he walked out of the door. I didn't understand but I had a great time.

He drove me home and thanked me for spending the night with him. Me being the good girl I am, gave him a gentle kiss on his cheek then went inside.

Damon left soon after.

My parents were talking so I told them I was back and bolted to my room before I got interrogated.

That night, I refreshed myself and went to bed.

Having an dreamless sleep.

_____________