♱Chapter 29♱

Raven's P•O•V

This was it. This was my last night as a human.

I sat at the stool as Piper prepped me for the ceremony. I tried to keep a straight face although I felt nerves gripping my mind.

I truly looked magnificent as Piper did my hair and makeup. My dress looked like someone had glue a million diamonds onto my skin. A cloak similar to the dress was lain on my shoulders, draping over me. Although, the  dress was a little too revealing for my taste, but Piper insisted that the eccentric look fit me. For my last night, I might as well go with a bang.

Piper sighed contently and placed the ruby tiara on my head. The red shone in between diamonds set in the metal of the tiara. Come tomorrow, my eyes would match the rubies. The simple thought sent shivers down my spine.

"You look stunning." Piper marveled at her work. I blushed and looked down, feeling out of place like I had the night I was introduced to the kingdom.

I sighed and turned to Piper, looking away from the mirror.

"What's going to happen tonight?" I asked, still not knowing the full plan.

"You're going to be faced with the entire Vampire race," Irina clarified as she walked into my closet. "Alec will be at the front of the aisle. Dimitri will speak over you two and will ask you both to vow your agreement to being each others' Soulmate." She came over and straightened my tiara a tad. Piper had grabbed a set of diamond earrings and put them in as her mother talked.

"And as for after the ceremony...?" I asked quietly.

"After the ceremony, you will return to your room for your final hour, before you will be escorted to Alec's private chambers on the west wing of the castle." Irina concluded. Her words sent a chill through me.

Instead of replying, I simply nodded, unable to bring words to my thoughts.

I stood and faced the two women. The sun was a dark orange as it set its last rays over Romania. Their pale skin reflected the setting sun as I looking to them.

I pulled them in for a hug, trying my best not to let tears fall and ruin Piper's beautiful makeup job. I pulled away from them and gave a weak smile.

Piper was called downstairs, leaving Irina and I in my closet. I went to leave my closet, only to be stopped by Irina grabbing my hand. I turned to her and could see the pitiful expression on her face.

She took my hand in both of hers and held it. She looked as if she may cry.

"I'm so sorry Raven." Irina murmured, meeting my eyes. I instantly knew she meant it.

"I was you once. And I know this is going to be hard as you say goodbye to your humanity. And I'm so sorry you have to..." She sighed, her eyes glassy. I felt my heart sink into my stomach.

I had been so strong the past few days. But seeing Irina like this broke my courage.

"I don't want to die Irina." I murmured, my voice cracking. I couldn't look to her, knowing that that would make the tears fall over the edge.

"I know sweetheart. I know..." She said and gripped me in her embrace.

She was like me once. She was the only one that once shared my humanity. Knowing this made me hold her close as if she was my own mother...

"It has to be done. It just has to." Irina murmured and I nodded, parting from her.

She studied my pained eyes with care then said,