Paths

(Thought I published this yesterday but when I woke up today it didn't get published! Sorry for the delay)

It was nearing the end of the week and my illness and injury has slowly dissipated. I wasn't put back into a lonely room nor had any feeling of being held captive. I felt free somehow. Like a part of me given back to me. It was a feeling of fulfillment. I was taken care of by whoever was in the light. All of the personalities that had taken care of me have been extremely nice. Especially Dennis. Patricia still had resentment towards me. Which made her not-so friendly at times but she sustained her motherly figure towards me.

Today I woke up to an empty house. No one was found anywhere. I took advantage of this and decided to take a little exploration around the cabin like home. Maybe I could even find Joshua. Though my minutes of searching I had come upon a locked door. All of the other doors I checked was unlocked.
"Is someone there?" A feint voice heard from the other side of the door. Immediately realizing that it's Joshua's voice.

"Hey Joshua!" I yell through the crack of the door.
"Casey? Is that really you?" He questions feeling skeptical about this.
"It's really me, Josh. N-no ones home," my voice starts to shake.

"This is our chance. Come on I need to get out of here," Josh says.

I try open the door but it's locked. I look around but finding nothing that could possibly help me.
I stand still looking at the door thinking of what to do. Maybe I can break down the door? Or I could look for keys.

"You thought you could be clever, huh?" Patricia's voice can be heard behind me. A cold blade is felt under my neck. Instantly sending chills down my spine.

"You thought you could actually take advantage of us?" Patricia says though gritted teeth as she pushes the knife closer into my skin making me move my head back farther so I don't get cut.
"You thought you wouldn't get caught? Silly you."

"Casey? CASEY? what's going on?" Joshua yells.
"Shhh," Patricia hums.

Patrica reaches for the door knob and unlocks it with a key. Letting out Joshua. She finally lets go of me. I drop to the ground choking from not enough air. "Such a disappointment from you two. I thought you would be more smarter than this," Patrica scolds.

"This is exactly why you two will be kept separate. No more set backs from what is going to come," she says picking me up to my feet.
Getting pulled away from where Joshua was.
"Casey! No!" Joshua cries and I try and fight my way out of Patricia's grip.

"Joshua, please, just get out of here," I cry not understanding a word coming out of my mouth.
"Hmm I suppose you two have a relationship together. Dennis won't be too happy about that," Patricia hisses before closing the door with her foot and then carrying me to another room I hadn't been in.

Getting thrown inside A new room, Patrica closes the door as I hear it click signaling that the door is locked now.slowly picking myself off of the ground I start to familiarize my surroundings. The room is quite different. Not as spacious as the other ones but it does have a clock. No windows. I'm right by the stairs so I will be able to hear if anyone is coming up.

My neck was slightly sliced by the kitchen knife Patricia had pulled on me. Making it feel like a giant paper cut. This room did have another bathroom which was great. I looked in the mirror seeing the line of the cut slowly get a pale red. I splash some water on my face waking myself up. I have a feeling things are only going to get worse from here on. I had a feeling that I won't be leaving this place alive. By only looking for Joshua possibly sped up the time for this "sacred ceremony" the personalities were talking about.