chapter seven

Chapter seven is dedicated the rebelouis because we looove her Niall fic trouble. check her out ;) also, the picture to the side is a cutsie one of Jenson (aka Barbara Palvin) that I feel she would really look like on a daily basis. hope you enjoy the chapter, I know we did ♡♡♡

///

"I just wanted to get out of there," Harry murmured to me as we got into his car.

"I know, me too." I told him. The cool air felt nice on my skin in contrast to the sweating bodies in the apartment. I was so glad to get out of there, I didn't even bother questioning Harry's motives in asking me specifically to leave with him.

"You just seemed as miserable as I was."

"I wasn't necessarily miserable, just not having much fun."

"One in the same, right?" he said.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking at his eyes that were intently focused on the road.

He sighed. "I was thinking Romeo's. Not much else to do."

I smiled. Visiting Romeo's made me happy and the upstairs room had become a small haven after work when I was feeling uninspired or had homework to do. I had never been late at night though, so now I was excited. "Good, I like it there."

"Shouldn't take but a few more minutes." He mumbled, with an expressionless face.

I gazed out the window as the scenery transformed into the city. I always got a bit giddy as I rode downtown. Everything was so buzzing with life and you'd see different faces and people every day. The buildings were remarkable, each with their own story to tell whether just an office or a quaint coffee shop like Romeo's.

The rest of the drive was silent and we pulled up in front of the shop without a word. Harry turned the engine off and sat with his hands on his knees and his eyes locked on something, but I couldn't tell what. He finally sighed and said, "Let's go."

Romeo's was eerily dark before Harry turned on the lights that flickered to life. Just as I'd hoped, everything looked even more fantastic at night when we were the only two people present. The chairs were all stacked atop the tables, the floor had been swept, and all the books were tucked into their spots on the shelves.

"I'm gonna make a cup of coffee, do you want anything?" Harry asked.

"Sure, I'll have a cup." I answered. I hoisted myself on the top of one of the waist level shelves to sit while I waited for Harry. "Hey, don't forget your apron. No need to be unsanitary." I told him, mockingly. I needed to lighten the mood; we were both kinda tense.

"If I have to wear my apron, you'll need to get down from my shelf," He said over his shoulder.

I laughed. "Nevermind then," I looked around the shop and relished in the quiet. "Do you come here after hours a lot?"

"Sometimes," he replied.

"I think I'd live here if I had the choice," I laid back on the long shelf and folded my hands behind my head.

"Why's that?" he questioned.

"This place has character." I told him. "Ya know, like tons of stories."

He scoffed. "Hardly. It's just an old coffee shop, Jenson."

I stared at the ceiling. "Don't you think it's more than that? Like, how many people do you think fell in love in this old coffee shop? Or found their favorite books? Or how many people made life changing decisions sitting at the tables in this room?"