Let's play.

×
The Nightshade

'I could convince Shadow to stop killing,' Robin jumped off the ceiling to the floor, standing next to Vanessa when he landed. 'It's nice to see you again, Seven.'

'Robin,' Vanessa started, taking a step back.

'Robin, what are you doing here?' Batman growled, walking to him.

'Did you expect me to actually stay put?' Dick asked him incredulously.

'Robin,' Bruce's eye twitched as he called out to his partner with a warning tone.

'Look,' Robin held up his hand. 'I miss Shadow. You separated us now look what happened.'

'She is the one who started this.' Batman pointed out with a cold glare.

'Actually,' Robin scoffed. 'You started it when we kidnapped her.'

'Isn't that right, Batman?' The bird continued as his mentor stayed silent. 'Even though I begged you not to, you still went ahead, because no one's words is as good as yours, right?'

'Robin. . .' Bruce stared at him blankly.

'Whatever,' Dick waved him off. 'I don't care, I just miss her.'

'You shouldn't have come.' Black Canary shook her head lightly, putting a hand on his shoulder. 'How are you?'

'I'm fine,' He smiled at her. 'Could be worse.'

'Robin, please go back home—'

'Vanessa, you need me don't you?' Robin turned to her.

"Shadow wouldn't want you in harms way, but, yes." She sighed.

"Can we go to Shadow's room then?" Robin tapped his mask gently.

Vanessa shook her head. "Half of headquarters is after Shadow's head, and the rest that are trustworthy have been disbanded to prevent internal conflict from brewing."

"Why would Shadow surround herself with enemies?" J'onn asked out of curiosity.

Vanessa turned away with a sigh. "The same reason she prevented the Nightshade from locating Mount Justice I'm sure. . . A reason I cannot fathom."

As the heroes contemplated this reason, Robin cleared his throat. "Well, let's get going."

"We can't go Robin, all routes have been—" Vanessa started, only to freeze midway as Robin held up a card.

"You. . ." She stumbled towards him, grabbing onto his shoulder with an expression of bewilderment. "You have her seal?"

"Yes," Robin smirked. "I do."

"What is it?" Flash spoke up after being uncharacteristically silent after Robin showed up.

"It is a symbol of authority. . ." Oliver answered, finally out of the thoughts that had been eating at him. "Robin, you lied about how much you knew about Shadow. . ."

"Shadow is my best friend," he said with a deadpan expression. "I'm not giving her secrets away."

"So having this card means what exactly?" Martian Manhunter asked, trying to divert back to the main topic.

"It means that until Leader says otherwise, Robin is Shadow's stand in as leader of the Gotham division."

Flash gaped at him.

Canary was shocked.

Oliver and Bruce looked disappointed.

Dick sighed. "I don't know as much about Shadow as you all think. . ."

"Where's Superman?" He suddenly asked taking a look around. "He came along with you didn't he?"

××

AN: Argh, I can't help it with the short chapters! But that's all for now! Until next time😉