VI

Y/N

A cool breeze swept over my skin as I sunk deeper into the bench, staring at the field in front of me. I looked at my phone, 6:48 pm. Where was he? I was growing impatient until a felt a warm hand lay on my shoulder. I looked up seeing his face; eyes concealed by sunglasses and a snapback on.

"Jackson?" I asked.

"I'm late, I know, but I'm here now." He smiled sitting next to me. We sat there, in silence just watching sky for a few minutes. It was comforting, something about his company was comforting and made me forget what was wrong.

"I just-" We both began, but stopped when we realised that we spoke at the same time.

"You first." Jackson laughed causing me to laugh along with him.

"Well, I just wanted to say that if this is what has to happen then let it be but I wanted to let you know that what we shared was really special to me; you're really special to me." I breathed deeply not realising I had said all of that in one go.

"Funny thing is," He started, grabbing my hand and wrapping it in his, "That's what I was about to say."

"I'll miss you." I whispered pulling our hands close to my lips, finally planting a kiss on them.

"I'll miss you too." He whispered back pulling my close to him. I reached up pulling away his glasses so I could have a better look at his eyes. God, they were so beautiful. A soft but deep shade of brown and did forget to mention how big they were.

I didn't realise I was staring until Jackson cleared his throat.

"It's really cute when you do that."

"Do what?" I asked

"That staring at me with you're lips slightly parted. It's really cute." He smiled. I notice his ears turning a slight shade of pink.

"Are you getting embarrassed?" I questioned, playfully poking him.

"No! It's just I've never really done anything like this before. It's sad cuz I won't see you for a long time." He sighed looking away.

"Is today your last day in America?" I pouted feeling a wave of sadness rush through me.

"Yeah, I'm going back to Korea to do more promotions." A buzz came from his pocket. He reach in and grabbed his phone reading the message, "Shit, I need to go. BamBam's asking me to hurry up cuz the manager thinks I'm getting coffee."

"Did you really use the 'I'm just gonna buy coffee' excuse?" I questioned laughing as we walked over to the exit of the park.

"Maybe." He shrugged with a sly smile on his face. Before I knew it he engulfed me in a bear hug. My arms went around him instinctively as we rocked back and forth for a few more seconds.

"See you later Y/N." He smiled kissing my cheek. I wanted more than a kiss on the cheek but I couldn't find the courage to say it.

"See you later Jackson." I managed to say pulling away. I knew that 'later' probably meant a lot later than what we were both hoping for.

+ + +

Three whole months had gone past since the last time we had talked. He was busy touring and promoting but, of course I was upset about that but there was nothing I could do; this was his life and he had worked so hard to get to where he's at now. So who am I to get between him and his dream?

That's why I moved on and found someone else. Luke was good to me and I was good to him. We met at my work where he had started as an intern and we began talking to each other. But, I always felt like there was something missing between the two of us. Maybe it was because I couldn't stop thinking about Jackson and how he made me feel.

I was putting the last stray cups left behind by customer in the trash when I heard the door open and close.

"We're closing in a few minutes so I can only give to go orders." I said still not looking up. I continued to clean up but felt hands land on my waist. I jumped at the contact swiftly moving out of that persons grip and turning around "Excuse me wh-" I started but stopped when I saw how it was.

"Jackson." I whispered in shock.

"Hello to you too Y/N." He laughed pulling me close to him. God, I missed his hugs so much. My arms wrapped around him instantly as I felt the familiar comfort and warmth of his arms.

"What are you doing here?" I asked still a little surprised to see him.

"We have a short break before our next comeback and I came to LA with Mark to visit his family." Jackson started then pointed to a tall boy in the corner who gave a small smile.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I wanted to surprise you silly." He laughed, "Do you want to come to Mark's pool party with me tomorrow?"

"Ugh," I started but remembered I had a date night with Luke tomorrow "I have to meet with my boyfriend tomorrow, I'm so sorry. Maybe next time."

His expression changed when I mentioned that I had a boyfriend. A mix between sadness and anger flashed in his eyes for a second before he forced a smile on his face.

"It's okay. I'll see you later, have fun tomorrow." He smiled giving me a short hug before leaving quickly with Mark.

I felt guilt wash over me. Oh God what had I done? I just let possibly the best thing that could happen to me walk away for the second time.

+ + +

A/N: This chapter was so much fun to write! I made it an angst to make it feel a bit more real (and a bit more frustrating) I hope you liked it though, I've been having good feedback and thank you so much for 1.6k reads! x - Queen-Tuan 💖