3 - I miss you cara...

Before Eddison can put her keys in the door of the townhouse it swings open to reveal a cheerful looking Mrs Morreti

"Ciao Eddison!"

"Mrs Morreti I'm so sorry I'm late!"

"Nonsense you are here and that is what matters. Come in child"

Luca spots Eddie as he enters from the kitchen. "Where have you been?"

"It took me longer than I thought to find which Bakery you were talking about. Did you know there are five Bakeries in The Common?" Eddie snaps wondering to herself why he couldn't have gone to get the dessert himself.

Mrs Morreti spots the cheesecake in Eddie's hands and immediately turns to her son. She slaps hims over the back of the head. "Luciano Morreti! I told you to collect it"

"Mi dispiase mama" Luca says dropping his eyes to his shoes. He knows apologising in Italian will get his mother off his back. Eddie smirks at him as he makes eye contact with her.

"Take the dessert into the kitchen Luca!" Mrs Morreti orders as Mr Morreti enters the room.

"Buona sera bella ragazza!" He says pulling Eddie into his arms. While her Italian isn't fabulous she has been around the Morreti's enough that she picked up a fair bit.

"Buona sera Mr Morreti" she says smiling at her surrogate parents. "Do you both mind if I just have a quick shower? I have been at college all day"

"Of course child" Mrs Morreti smiles. "The lasagna needs another thirty minutes in the oven and we are still waiting for Marcello"

Eddie's ears prick at the name of Luca's older brother, "Marc is coming?"

"Si. Now you go. We will be here"

Eddie heads off to her room before she can shut her bedroom door Luca slips in behind her.
"Thanks for dobbing on me"

"Your own fault."

"How do you figure that?"

"Too horny to pick up a cheesecake..."

"So what really took you so long?" He asks curiously.

"Class. You know where I learn stuff. And since you are the one with the car I had to get a lift" Eddie says sarcastically. Luca felt bad for not thinking about how she would get to the Common.

"Who gave you the lift?"

"Just a friend... Luca your brother is coming and your parents are waiting for me and I smell like shit. Can you let me shower?"

"You could never smell like shit" Luca steps closer to her. Taking in the fact that she actually smells like apples. It was the first thing he noticed about her when she moved in. Well that and her gorgeous body. Eddie who seems oblivious to the closeness of their bodies rolls her eyes. "Do you need help?" Luca asks taking another step towards her.