Chapter 12

Jonas watched as Emma pace the sitting room where he technically kept her prisoner. He had sent his worried family away who had witness the whole episode. Again he wondered what the hell Emma was hiding. She was the most stubborn woman he had ever met and no matter how much he asked she just kept quiet. And it wasn't from the lack of trying either.

He was on the couch waiting for her to give him something but she just kept pacing and looking at her phone. As he watched her now he couldn't help but admire how sexy she looked in his clothes. She was dishevelled, the clothes much bigger than her and her hair could use a brush, but it just made her look more appealing. It was different from waking up to a madeup face and women who seem to wake up perfect and well put together.

Shaking his head he tried to focus on the matter at hand. And that was getting the woman to talk to him. It worried him that she was in some kind of trouble. 'Emma talk to me. You can trust me.' She looked at him with contemplation and Jonas smiled encouragingly. She sighed and came to sit next to him on the fluffy leather sofa. 'It's okay.' He encouraged softly, it was like taming a wild horse.

It look like she was having a hard time, she took deep breathes as her shoulders shook slightly. He wasn't sure what he should do. He was not one to make himself available for emotional situations like this, emotional situations always made him uncomfortable. But he surprised himself when he reached out and took her hand. She took another deep breath and relaxed, and he was proud of himself for providing comfort to his soon to be wife. Twelve years ago my father started gambling and drinking. He had just lost his wife to cancer and couldn't deal with the loss. I was only ten myself, so lost and confused without my mom. He couldn't look at me after that, when he did he would just end up hitting me...' Jonas felt his gut churn at the thought of someone putting their hands on this sweet girl.

He suddenly didn't think he wanted to know the rest. She had closed her eyes and genuinely seem like she couldn't go on. He was just about to tell her to stop when she started talking 'It wasn't often though since he wasn't home. The fact was that he hated me, when I needed him he wasn't there. I would have like to have him comfort and love me you know?' Jonas didn't say anything and he didn't have to. He just gave her hand a small squeeze 'Anyway with his gambling and drinking, he got mixed up with the wrong crowd. He lost all our money, our house and when he didn't have any more money he sold me. I was fourteen by then.' That was the last thing he expected to hear.

'Emma, you don't have to...'

'No you wanted to know didn't you?!' She snapped, glaring daggers at him. Jonas moved in so he was closer to her but he didn't wrap his hands around her like he wanted. He sense she needed the space and for him to just listen. 'Anyway the guys he dealt with were all low lives, drug dealers who didn't refuse his offer.' Jonas knew he wasn't going to like what was coming. The pain in her voice shook him to the core and he wanted nothing more than to take it away

'They came for me one night. I remember it like it was yesterday. My father had been sober for the first time in years. It was strange, when I came from school that evening, he was home and actually looked happy. He cooked a meal and invited me to sit with him. He kept talking about taking a trip overseas to some exotic island. I had hoped that everything would change between us and for the first time I was kind of happy. Boy how wrongs was I?' She took another shaky breath 'That night I was in bed sleeping when I heard the commotion and before I knew it three guys were in my room yanking me out of my bed.'

'Oh no...'

'I tried to fight but they were too big. They dragged me down stairs and to the living room. My father was there grinning and drinking with another man. His name was Fin, he was the leader of the biggest crime ring. The guy that held me lifted me and carried me to him. I was so scared, I screamed for my father to help me but he only laughed in my face. I didn't know who he was then, he had turn into the worst kind of monster. Anyway Fin grabbed me and put me in his lap, escaping any and every attempt I made to get away. With a racing her and a feeling of dread I could only sit there. My dad started negotiating how much I was worth. He had originally offered me as debt but he wanted money too. He figured he could make a buck off me since I was still a virgin.' Tears leaked from her eyes then and Jonas hugged her to him so she could cry in his chest.