Chapter 40

"Never try to hurt you or harm you
Well whenever you're around
I am sometimes a little bit different, to please you
You're the only one on my mind

I will search high and low, just to find you
Even though should've never found you
And I love what you've got on me baby
Can't let you go, won't let you go "

GA$ - Ro James

Dave

"Miguel ain't an op" Lu shook his head.

"How are we sure about that?"

"Rob looked into it"

"Yeah, he a little too clean. They ain't much dirt on homeboy but some parking tickets, that he done paid for" Rob clarified for me.

"But ya don't think that shit strange ? That his uncle is a fucking cop and he doing the most" I looked at all them.

"Jay's and Lisa's moms are sisters, daughters of Mama Gee ... Miguel's father passed away a few years after his little sister was born. That was Mama Gee's son" Wayno pieced it all for me.

"So her father is an in law"

"Bingo!" Lu said.

"How the fuck? Like how me and you didn't know any of this?" I looked over at Wayno.

"Nigga I don't know, like I said I don't ask hell questions"

"I hear you but that's wild. I can't even ask Bully, cause I'm sure he don't know shit" I shook my head.

"This shit crazy nigga" Lu spoke.

"What you gonna do?"

"I got shorty in my crib right now with Kai" I shook my head.

"Damn"

"Are you going to ask?"

"Man, I don't even know, like I'm pissed but how could I be mad?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"You really ain't got a reason to be, who we need to be mad at is fucking Max" Lu said.

"That nigga another case, for another time. I'm outta here, need to get to my daughter" I got up and dapped these niggas and left.

I drove in silence thinking of how I should even approach Jay on this shit, or should I even ask. I was all over the place. I still wasn't too sure about that Miguel shit. For him to be real trap nigga, I mean he came off as one so ain't no way he wasn't anything else. I just couldn't wrap my head around it.

I finally made it home, and I walked in to Jay and Kaiya dancing around the living room to some spanish music. I shook my head laughing at how Kaiya laughed and smiled as Jay dance with her and sang to her. My baby girl was real comfortable with her and I was thankful that Jay was good to my baby. I walked further into the living room and pressed pause on Jay's phone, causing her to swing around.

"You scared the hell outta me" she shook her head, she placed Kaiya in the playpen.

"I see ya having fun" I smirked, Jay walked over to me and kissed me.

"Yes, she took a nap, I studied a little bit, I just gave her some lunch" she spoke as she picked up around the living room.

I swear if it wasn't for Jay's pop ups during the week, my crib would look a mess. It was definitely missing a woman's touch around here, and all this furniture was picked out by Jay. She might as well move in with how much of her style was in my crib. I laughed when she stood in front of me waving her hand.