18

June 04, 2012

Ever since then, I became more cautious. I tend to look around more than usual. Although when I force myself to calm down and not think of it, it still haunts me.

"Pssst, Boksungie," Hyeri called me all of a sudden.

She pointed to the front, motioning that our history teacher was calling my attention.

"Why are you spacing out during my class? Look, if you don't have any interest to listen to me, I'll gladly open the door for you to get out."

"I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again," I just bowed my head in humiliation when the other students snickered.

"Look at how different you are from your sister! She listens always and doesn't focus on other things that aren't necessary. Learn from her, will you?" He berated, causing Ailee to frown uncomfortably.

The door suddenly swung open, revealing a foreign face that belonged to a boy.

"Who are you?" Our teacher, Mr. Bin asked the boy.

"Uh... pardon me Sir but my name is Seo Kangjoon and I just transferred here today."

"Ah," Mr. Bin breathed in realization, "the new student. Come in."

When the teacher made the latter stand in front and introduce himself to the whole class. I pretended not to look at him because he somehow kept ogling at me.

Why he would do that?

Because he recognized me, and I recognized him.

He was the boy with freckles back when I was in kindergarten.