27

To say that James was mad would have been the understatement of the century. I could practically see the steam pouring from his ears.

After yelling at Sirius and sending him back to the castle, he rounded on me.  But, instead of yelling at me, he just stood there. Arms crossed, a glare on his face, and he was tapping g his foot impatiently. A chill went down my spine as I realized how much he resembled Mum.

"James," I began, crossing my arms as well. "Do you honestly think I was going to let it go that far?! For Merlin's sake, I'm not that stupid! Nothing was going to happen in that lake."

Well how was I supposed to know that?" He retaliated, nearly shouting at me. "You two are known as the biggest players in Hogwarts. How else was I supposed to react?!"

My anger faded and tears welled up in the corners of my eyes. Refusing to let them spill and pushing away the sob threatening to escape, my voice cracked as I spoke. "You actually believe all of those stories about me?"

Realizing what he had just accused me of, James's face fell. Running his hand through his hair, he began to pace back and forth as he refused to look at me. "Laura-"

"I don't want to hear it," I snapped.

I pushed past James and headed back up to the castle. He didn't follow or try to stop me. He stood there, dumbfounded. When I was out of earshot, the sobs escaped.

We didn't speak to each other for weeks.

Until one particular summer afternoon after that day's exams...

****

Scribbling down my final answer, I dropped my quill as the professor collected the parchments. Gathering my belongings, I was the first one out the Great Hall door.

I had been planning on going to the library to study for tomorrow's Defense Against The Dark Arts O.W.Ls.  But someone grabbed ahold of my elbow before I could turn down the corridor.

Yanking it back, my glare softened as I realized it was only Lily.

"You can't avoid your brother forever, you know. Believe me, I've tried." She offered a kind smile.

"I'm not avoiding him. I'm waiting for him to apologize."

"We both know he has too much pride for that. Besides, you're miserable without James."

That's not true," I defended myself. "I'm perfectly happy with just you, Sirius, Remus, and Peter."

But, honestly, it was killing me to be away from James. Also, it made things extremely awkward between our friends. Especially during a full moon.

Lily sighed. "At least come outside with me. You could use some sunlight."

Not giving me a  say in the matter, she grabbed my arm and lead out the castle doors. I threw my arm up to protect my eyes from the bright light that invaded as soon as we set foot outside. Lily laughed and continued to lead me to the Black Lake.

Her laughter abruptly stopped as we caught sight of a crowd gathered around none other than James Potter himself.

James and Sirius had Snape hoisted in the air and were taunting him mercilessly. In the background, Peter was cheering them on and Remus was reading. Seeing them tease Snivellus was nothing new but this seemed a bit more severe than usual.

I dropped my bag by the lake and pushed my way to the front of the crowd with Lily.

(A/N: I don't remember exactly how this scene went so just bear with me because it's not directly quoted)

"STOP THIS RIGHT NOW, POTTER!" Lily roared.

Turning around, James smirked, not yet having caught sight of me. "Only if you go out with me, Lilyflower."

"I will never date you, you insufferable toe-rag!" She spat.

Seeing how upset this was making Lily, I stepped forward, catching the attention of both James and Sirius.

"If either of you wish for me to speak to you ever again, I suggest you drop him now."

Something in my tone must have showed how serious I was. Sirius muttered the counter curse and lazily flicked his wand. As Snape attempted to scramble to his feet as dignantly as possible, Lily rushed forward.

"I don't need help from a filthy mudblood," he spat.

My mouth dropped open in horror.

"Apologize to her now!" James and I demanded in unison.

"I don't need you fighting my battles for me, Potter!" Lily snapped before she stomped off.

****Third Person POV****

The crowd dispersed and soon it was only the five Marauders left in the clearing beneath their favorite tree.

Laura was torn between wanting to go comfort Lily and wanting to work things out with her twin. Eventually, she opted for the second choice.

Sirius walked over to her and wrapped his arm around her waist. She leaned into his gentle embrace before making eye contact with James.

Behind him, Remus and Peter were watching the events unfold intently.

"Listen, Laura," James began, twirling hide and nervously.

Laura held up a hand to stop him. Wriggling out of Sirius's embrace, she quickly closed distance between them. James opened his arms, expecting a hug.

Instead, he received a sharp slap in the face.

"That's for being a dick." Laura snapped. James smiled sheepishly as her glare softened and she wrapped him in a hug. "And this is because I've missed you."

Breathing in James's scent, Laura sighed contentedly. She was happy to have things back to normal between them. The awkward air that had surrounded the atmosphere disappeared instantly.

Hogwarts had been quiet while the Potter twins had been giving each other the silent treatment. But now things would be back to the way they should be.

Wild and unpredictable

A/N: I am soooo sorry for not updating sooner! I've had massive writer's block and signal sucks in the house I've moved into.
But I have fantabulous news!!! I have decided to turn this story, Wild, into a trilogy.
Exciting, right?
Anyways, there is one more chapter left and book one of the Wild Trilogy will be complete.
Amazing, isn't it?
It makes me sad and happy at the same time.
Now, on with the story!