Chapter 6

The Kingdom of Hell
Lucifer's POV

As I locked the door, I collapsed in front of it. What have I done? That's not going to get him to be my bride, let alone get him to like me. "That was a rather poor way of handling your jealousy, don't you think?" Azazel stared at me with a bored expression. "... Jealousy?"

"Well, you were upset when he refused to be your queen, and got even angrier when his reasoning was that he had someone else to take care of, right?" I nodded. "Only, that wasn't anger, but jealousy. Because you wanted to be the one he took care of." I watched Azazel thinking over his words. "Jealousy..." I spoke the word slowly, running over each letter and examining the word.

Azazel groaned, seeming to sense my lack of relationship knowledge. "Yes, jealousy. Now then, shouldn't you go apologize?" I nodded once more, turning back and knocking on the wooden door. "... Who is it?" Micah's voice sounded nasally, as if he'd been crying. Regret and guilt surged up in my chest.

"...... It's me, Lucifer." There was silence for a moment, followed by his reply. "Go away." I did not, however, 'go away.' Instead, I gripped the doorknob, pleading desperately. "Please, Micah. I just want to talk to you." Normally, I would have been appalled by how I was acting and knocked the door down. But, I felt a strange feeling when I thought of Micah, and I didn't want to let that go.

As I was about to give up, there was a soft shuffling of footsteps behind the door, followed by the clicking of a lock. Micah's red face peaked out at me, and I immediately tackled him, pulling him inside and onto the bed. I pulled him to the bed, wrapping my arms around him. "I'm sorry, Micah. I didn't want to hurt you."

Micah said nothing, and instead leaned against me. Before long, he began to shiver, a gasp escaping his lips. Before I could speak, Micah pushed me away and frantically wrapped the sheets around my shoulders. "You're cold!!" He touched my face and I smiled softly. "Micah, I'm a demon, remember? We have no need for body heat." Micah's form froze, his face turning bright red. "... Oh."

Instead of laughing, I pulled him into my arms, rocking him back and forth until his steady breathing alerted me to his slumber. Then, I wrapped him in the blanket, placing him on the bed and leaving the room quietly.

"Goodnight, my love."

The Kingdom of Hell
Azazel's POV

Lord Lucifer seemed to have cheered up after apologizing to Micah. In fact, I could have sworn I saw him skipping to the throne room. "Just your imagination," He replied when I confronted him. "Death doesn't do much for your eyesight, unfortunately."

Whatever the case may be, he was more upbeat than ever. Most of the demons were surprised by this fact, but I knew exactly why.

---

"Um... Excuse me?" I turned to face the cause of Lucifer's behavior, Micah. He was incredibly little, compared to the others on the castle, his small form barely came up to my chest. He was completely dwarfed by Lucifer, who stood at least a head and a half taller than I.

I towered over his shaking form, my nerves on edge as I waited for his request. "Yes, my queen?" He blushed, his entire face and presumably his shoulders turning an adorable shade of red. To me, he reminded me of a helpless pet that needed to be taken care of at all times.

"Please... Don't call me that." He mumbled, his face dropping down to hide behind his hair. I bowed, almost meeting his height in the process. "Of course, my apologies. What may I do for you, mistress?" He shook his head. "Or that... Please, call me Micah. Um... Do you have a spare change of clothes I could borrow?" I stood straight, examining his height against my own.

I knew better than to say anything, but not one demon here would have anything he could wear. Even if they did, I now know how possessive Lord Lucifer can be. So, I brought him what I could find in the Lord's bedroom. Micah took the bundle, smiling gratefully and disappearing into his bedroom.

When he returned from changing, his entire body was red, the clothing hanging loosely off his shoulders and flowing to the floor. Because of this issue, I could assume that he wasn't wearing any pants, for fear of having to hold them up as well.

"U-um... Do you have anything... Smaller?" I chuckled, turning away. "I'll see what I can do. Wait in your bedroom, okay?" He nodded, storming off to his room. The small tantrum amused me, and I could see why Lucifer liked this boy. There was a certain warmth about him, and he lightened up the dark mood of the castle. I could get used to him being the queen.