Betrayal

(Trigger warning ⚠️ swearing) 👈 (my apologies to anyone who thought otherwise 😂😏)

It was the next morning and I wake up to no one next to me. Soon recalling last night where Dennis and I had the many kisses shared between us. Where has he run off to? I get up and placing my feet on the wooden ground. Walking slowly to the door and trying to open it. It's locked. Maybe someone had taken over while he was sleeping and left in the middle of the night?

I still stand there by the door. Daydreaming as I don't hear the footsteps that come up the stairs. And the door flying open. When the door opens I finally snap out of my daydreams and look at who is standing at the door. It was Dennis. He looks beyond annoyed and upset.

"What's wrong?" I ask thinking that Im the reason why he's upset.
"You lying bitch," He says shaking his head.

Confused on why he would call me that I'm trying to figure out why I'm being accused of this.

"What?" I question.

"You fucking, lying bitch," he yells before charging towards me and pinning my against the wall. His hand placed on my neck.
"W-what do you mean?" I ask hoping I don't get strangled by him. My legs start to tremble as my breathing starts to shake.

"What Patricia told me. It's true isn't it?" He asks. He glares at me as I think of something to say. It was the thing about Joshua. What Patricia thought was going on between us two.

"It's not true! You know that, Dennis," I say pleading for him to just not strangle me.
"It was a terrible idea trusting you. All you're doing is using us," He scolds.

"No I'm not. If I was I would've left!" I'm hoping that I will be able to have Dennis trust me on what I say. Although Patricia does have a lot of power over him.

"I should've listened to Patricia and just got rid of you," he says slowly as the hand around my neck gets tighter and tighter. Feeling my heart throb as it gets harder to breathe.

"Dennis, please," I say between shallow breaths. He still has that crazed stare. The slight reflection of myself seen in the lens. I start to feel lightheaded as I am getting close to blacking out.
"Get off of me," I try say as loud as I can but it only comes out as a whisper. I push my hands forward as things start to fade into a dark shade of black. Pushing Dennis off me as his hand slowly is taken off my neck by the force. I get enough of air in a matter of mili seconds. As both of us still wrestle as he tries to get a hold of me again. In the midst of this Dennis forcefully slaps me across my face. The force so strong that I get unbalanced and fall to the ground.

My throat swells up as I try hold back the tears. I cup the side of my face as the stinging and burning sensation quickly comes into play. My vision gets blurry as tears build up. I move the hair out of my way and look at Dennis. When we make eye contact the cold stare on his face softens as he soon regrets doing that. I look at the ground and blink watching as a tear drops and seeps into the wooden floor.

"I-I, didn't mean that," Dennis says sounding guilty. "I told you Dennis that, I loved you and you still believed what Patricia said," I say hearing my voice crack a few times. The slow tears quickly sped up and dropped onto the ground quicker.
"I-I'm -" Dennis tries to say but I cut him off.

"I chose you, Dennis. Even over Joshua I still chose you," I say my voice slowly gets softer and softer as I talk. Dennis at a loss for words at the moment. Dennis sits next to me as I can't stand to look at him right now. Minutes past as still nothing was said.

"I'm sorry," he says breaking the silence. Dennis has never apologized to me for anything so this was a first. I take my eyes off the ground and look at Dennis. His eyes filled with despair as this time he was the one who lost my trust.

"You need to keep this a secret from Patricia and the boy," Dennis says softly referring to Hedwig since he does have a tendency to say things he's not suppose to.

"How do I know you won't do this again. I can't stay silent if it's going to keep on happening," I say. The tears finally drying up as the heat from the side of my face intensifies. The whole side of my face feeling tender as if my skin wasn't there.

"I can't promise anything, at the moment. But just keep things silent from anything that happens," he adds.

"Why keep me in a confined room?" I ask hoping hat this is a good time to get answers. "If you don't want to be kept in a room then just behave," Dennis says. Not the answer I was looking for but it will do for now.

"Are you okay?" He asks turning his head to me. "Just a little shaken up, that's all." Obviously feeling betrayed by Dennis I'm not the complete mood for him to be feeling my sorrow.

"Can I uh at least see?" He asks. I remove my hand from the side of my face and put my hair behind my ears. I turn to face him. His expression just proves that he regrets doing that.

His hand slowly comes up and caresses the side of my face. I flinch at the touch of his hand on my face. All tightened up from the traumatic experience I had just encountered. Dennis' blue eyes staring into my eyes. His other hand pushing me closer to him. As every inch of me moves I get more tense from moving. It's hard for me to adjust so quickly.

He removes his hand from my face and slides it down my arm and stops at my hand.

"You're going to be okay. Patricia won't hurt you anymore and I won't either," Dennis says in a soft tone. I feel as my cheeks turn red and a smile forms across my face. My body somehow relaxes as I intertwine my fingers with his. Dennis slowly regained my trust. Hopefully he will be able to keep his word. But what are we going to do with Joshua? Is this sacred event still going to happen and am I going to still be sacrificed? Or have I changed Dennis' mind?

Yo let me say this first. I've have an inspiration surge recently so I'm like super excited to write the next chapter. This one isn't that long but it's pretty Gucci. Really hope you guys are enjoying the story! Almost 1k reads in 3 days! Wow! Anyways going to make this short!
Please vote and leave feedback on this chapter I always reading your comments! Add this book to your library so you'll always know when I update!

Love you all!
-llvevo

(Update! Decided to publish another chapter once a week? Maybe twice a week since I do have many other drafted books that I'd like to get to!)