Chapter Twelve

Few weeks later

Jennifer's P.O.V

Daniel has been confusing me with his behavior towards me each and everyday.

Today he's sweet. Tomorrow he's angry. The next thing I realize, he's passionate. Then he's possessive.

I find his habits infuriating. Till now, he cooks. He hardly let me go near his food. As much as I want to show him I love him, I can't do it with food. I have fallen for him without noticing.

He has his own issues. He's so much keeping an eye on me. It's like he doesn't trust me. He's planning on moving his office to the publishing house...I find it too much.

Eunice find it sweet but I don't. This is stalking. He's everywhere I go. He even gets there before I do.

Then a sudden feeling hit me, drawing me back from my thoughts.

I feel dizzy.

What is wrong? I have been feeling unusual lately. I thought it was because I stay late working. But yesterday, I slept early. I can't understand why I'm still feeling dizzy.

I sit carefully in my chair, breathing in and out softly. It takes me a while to regain consciousness.

"Ma'm, are you OK?" My secretary asks me, her face with concern.

"Not really. I want you to call me someone to take me to my doctor. I will be fine. Don't worry," I assure her.

*****
Eunice walks closer to me with a smile.

"Hey, you are here. What happened? You look pale. What happened to your skin?"

She asks so many questions, I give her that.

"I have been feeling dizzy and..."

"Don't tell me there's a baby coming."

"Oh no. I don't think so."

"Why? You two will be the most beautiful parents of the year."

"You think I'm ready? I'm not..."

"You will be. The joy of holding your little piece will..."

"I don't think so. And besides, I don't know if he will be OK with us having a baby. It is too early."

"Stop thinking for him. He will love it. He will love having a big family with you."

"He told you that?" It sounded more like a question than a statement.

She nods and I sigh heavily.

"So let's have the test done. And come later for the results."

"Do me a favor. Please don't tell him anything. I'll be the one to do so. And I will wait until the results are out."

"Sure."

A little smile escape my lips. I'm happy I'm going to carry his baby. I'm happy I'm soon going to be a mother. I was just scared he wouldn't accept us. After listening to our doctor, I want more than just tocarry his child. I want to be the mother of his children.

****

"I went to your office today and your secretary told me you went to see the doctor. Is everything alright?"

"Yes I'm fine. Why are you home early?"

"I was worried about you."

Here comes my caring husband. In the next minutes, who would he be? An annoyed husband?