Chapter 15 - Marcus Pierce

CHAPTER 15
MARCUS PIERCE

To be honest, I don't know whether to cry or laugh in happiness when I saw that my mate was obviously jealous of Blaine Maximus. It's so fun to see him getting jealous over nothing because clearly, though he doesn't know it yet, that I'm into him and that I'm in love with him and that he's my mate and not Blaine. I wish he knows that so he wouldn't feel threatened about me choosing Blaine over him.

I also don't know what to feel – do I want to be irritated because he thought that there's something going on between me and Blaine, or do I want to jump in happiness because he left me no choice but to stay with him in his own house? Well, I definitely got irritated when he assumed that I was into Blaine when I wasn't.

The hours have passed, and they were painfully long. I had to sit through in most of the boring classes, and worse, Blaine and Nigel weren't in those classes to keep me company. I had to listen to the teachers talk and talk, and I wish I could growl and let out the beast in me just to make them shut up, but that would mean exposing my kind, which would bring a trouble like a hurricane. So I stayed like a perfect human being and kept my mouth shut like a good kid. Good thing that there weren't any quizzes because I didn't to be in trouble anymore from walking out of the class without any valid reason. Because, believe me, the only reason I had was I didn't want to be in those classes, and that's not a good reason to tell the professors if I walk out.

When I get out of the last period, I'm immediately greeted by my mate Nigel, who holds out my hand and practically drags me to the parking lot where his car is parked. Believe me, I want to scream and shout, tell the whole world how the best it is to hold out your soulmate's hand. But I keep my cool because I don't want to weird him out or something. It's best to keep my mouth shut.

"Wait, are you really serious?" I ask him just to make it sure. His mind could have changed already and he might be already regretting this, that's why I want to make sure that he's all fine with this, that I'm going to stay in his house instead of Blaine's. "Just wanna make sure, is all."

"I'm fucking hundred percent sure," he remarks, rolling his eyes at me as he unlocks his car, then he motions for me to enter. "Get in."

"So I'm going to be staying there now?" I ask him, furrowing my brows. Nigel nods his head, making his hair bounce adorable. I just want to bury my fingers there, to feel how soft and awesome it is. Sooner or later, I know that I'll be doing that someday. Right now, what I need to do is gain his trust more and make him be comfortable with me. "What about my clothes? And I need to speak with Blaine about this."

"Fine," he says, irritation clearly laced in his voice as he crosses his arms across his chest in a cute manner. "I'm going to drive you there, but you need to be quick. It's not like you need to get some permission from here, do you?"

"No, I don't." I shake my head. "I'm going to speak with him about this out of respect."

He nods. "Let's go."

I climb into the passenger seat and Nigel climbs into the driver seat, and then in just a few seconds, we're already hitting the road. The silence is kind of deafening and awkward. I want to speak, to say a few words that will be an ice breaker, but no words come out of my mouth. Right now, it seems like I have lost the capability to be cool and shrug things off. I want to impress him, to make him happy, or just to make things lighter between us. But damn it, I can't think straight when I'm this close to him.

Finally, I have something to say and do because it turns out that he doesn't know the direction to Blaine's house. I tell him which direction to go and after a few minutes of leading him where to go, we finally reach Blaine's house.