Chapter 18

Sincere Harris

I stretched my legs out as I stepped from my bed as all the thoughts of today's plans ran through my head. It was Christmas Eve and I was more than ready to head over to mama Gina's later today for this Christmas Eve dinner. We placed all the presents in the trunk and backseat of my car yesterday to save the struggle today. Heading for the bathroom, I handled my hygiene and took another shower before throwing on some tights and a sports bra, placing my house Uggs onto my feet. I slipped a light sweater over my head and threw my hair into a messy bun above my head. It was a little cool in the house this morning for some awkward reason, but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. Grasping my phone from the charger, I placed it on silent before placing it into my bra.

I headed down the hall for Kaylani's room, checking inside to see Kaylani sprawled out on the bed as Karmen was posted up against the headboard rubbing her eyes. Her natural hair was all over the place in a bun above her head as her dark, chocolate skin gleamed from the sunlight coming from the room. They had a typical best friend relationship, containing a light skinned girl and a darker toned girl.

She sent me a small smile and a head nod, which meant "wassup" before heading for Kaylani's bathroom with her bag. She moved slowly to try and not wake Kaylani before her persona disappeared behind the closed door. I smirked a little at Kaylani's body before pulling her cover over her, preventing her from getting sick with how airy the house was this morning. My next stop was Jayceon's room, where he was snoring with his hands placed inside of his boxers. I scrunched my nose up at him before also covering his body. The wild ass sleepers did not need to get sick any time soon.

I noticed his phone on the floor and picked it up, placing it onto the charger so it would be charged by the time he woke up. He'd be in a shitty mood if he woke and his phone was dead. I also took the time to take his wireless beats, placing those on the charger also as he turned in his sleep a little. My steps became slower as I tried not to wake him, exiting his room and slowly closing the door behind me.

Stretching my arms out into the air, I decided to head downstairs and cook some breakfast for the kids before everyone woke up. I removed the pots, pans and ingredients for some French toast, grits, eggs and bacon before getting to work. I cut the stove on, waiting for it to get hot as I began mixing the eggs for the French toast, laying out a loaf of bread which I planned on using the whole thing. A pot filled with water was my next move as I placed it on the back eye, with the box of grits sitting off to the side. Shredded cheese, pepper, salt, butter, and of course the strips of bacon were all sprawled out onto the counter. I began prepping the bacon to place it into the over, rubbing it down with some brown sugar and seasoning it with some pepper.

My phone vibrated against my chest, as I tried to hold a piece of bacon and remove it to answer. I was unable to look at the caller ID before propping it up between my shoulder and my ear as I continued to handle my business at the stove.

"Hello?", my voice was low so it would not echo throughout the house.

"You home?", Choppy's voice played through the phone as I could hear swift movement in the background and the sound of Beyoncé.

"Yeah, why what's up?", I asked, giggling at the fact that he was listening to Beyoncé.

"I got baby girl wit' me and she wants to see you. I told her she could see you lata', but she ain' takin' no fa' an answer.", his baritone voice boomed into my ears as I heard Armani singing in the background.

"Aw, I miss my twin. Tell her I'm making French toast. Y'all can come over for breakfast.", I said, placing the bacon into the oven and starting on the French toast.