Theo; Drank Too Much

Nobody expected that you would be at this party. You weren't much of the party type of girl. You preferred sitting in and watching series on Netflix or scrolling through social media. But here you were. You had decided to accompany your best friend Lydia to this party.

"I heard Theo's going to be here." Lydia said as the two of you walked towards the front door of a house that belonged to somebody you didn't know.

You immediately stopped. "And you're only telling me this now?" You asked, slightly annoyed.

"I'm sorry!" Lydia raised her hands in defense. "I knew that if I told you earlier, you'd decide to stay home and I really needed you to come with me to this party." She explained.

You shook it off. You would just have to try your very best to avoid your ex-boyfriend at this party tonight.

~~~

Two hours later the party was still going strong. The music seemed to get louder with every passing minute and a lot more people showed up since you had arrived.

Luckily, there had been no sign of Theo, which you were extremely grateful for.

"Hey Y/N, have a drink!" Lydia appeared in front of you stumbling a little, holding a red cup up in front of your face.

"Yeah, no thanks." You laughed at her drunken state. You shook your head causing her to draw her lips into a pout.

"Why not? Come on, just one. You need to loosen up." She slurred. You rolled your eyes and took the cup from her hands.

You brought the cup up to your nose and sniffed. You almost gagged.

"Lydia, this smells terrible." You complained and she laughed.

"I know, I know. But trust me, it tastes much better than it smells. Just try it." She placed her hand on your arm, waiting for you to take a sip.

"Fine." You muttered before swallowing down the liquid. She was indeed right; it tasted much better than it smelled. "Wow, that's good." You said surprised.

"See, I told you!" Lydia cheered. "Now let's go dance!"

"I'll catch up with you, I need another one of these." You told her, pointing towards the empty cup in your hands. She nodded her head and moved her hips as she walked towards where everybody was dancing.

You made your way to the kitchen and refilled your cup with the first bottle of alcohol that you saw. You gulped it all down at once and then drank another and another.

You ignored the nausea that you felt and went to join Lydia on the dancefloor.

The music was now pounding in your ears as you swayed your body from side to side, enjoying the rhythm of the music playing.

You turned around as somebody shouted your name, trying to be heard over the music, "Y/N!"

You stopped moving as your eyes met with those belonging to Theo. Your ex-boyfriend​. Right then and there, you felt the sudden urge to vomit and accidentally threw up. Unfortunately, some of your puke landed on Theo's white sneakers.

"Sorry." You apologized as you stood bent over in front of him.

He stood still for a moment before you felt him lift your hair up. "You okay?" He asked. You nodded your head as you straightened your position. You felt horrible for doing such a thing. As much as you thought you despised Theo, you would have never dreamed of puking on him.

"Let's uh, let's get you cleaned up, okay?" He took your hand and walked with you towards what you assumed was the bathroom.

He seemed to know where he was walking and opened a door in the hallway. You both walked in.

You stood leaning against the counter as Theo grabbed a cloth and placed it under the faucet.

"I'm so sorry about your shoes... This is so embarrassing." You muttered the last part to yourself, but of course Theo had heard.

"Don't worry about it. These things happen... Wait, you didn't do it intentionally, did you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No of course not." You assured him. "I guess I just, had a little too much to drink. That's all." You told him.

"Oh. I was afraid that was your way of telling me to get lost." He laughed a little.

You just shook your head and took the wet cloth from him as he handed it over. You turned around to face the mirror and wiped your mouth clean.

"Thanks."

"No problem." He smiled. "Why were you drinking? You never drink." He pointed out. You didn't know what to say to him, but you didn't want to lie to him either.

"I just needed to get my mind off of things for a while." You looked at him through the reflection in the mirror.

"What things?"

"You. Us." You simply said and looked down. You opened the faucet and wet the cloth again. 

"Y/N I'm sor-" He began to speak, but you cut him off before he could apologize for the umpteenth time.

"Theo, I told you before, it's okay. You don't have to apologize every time that you see me." You told him.

"No I do. I have to, but no matter how many times I say I'm sorry it will never be enough." Theo placed his hands on the edge of the bathroom counter. He stared at you intently through the mirror.

"I told you it's fine. It's in the past and there's nothing we can do to change that." You turned towards the bathroom door getting ready to leave when Theo took a hold of your forearm.

"I still love you." He simply said, but those words shook you to your core. "And I know you might no-"

"I never stopped loving you Theo. But I did stop trying to mend something that's unfixable." You gave him one last glance and pulled yourself out of his grip.

You were done with the party. You knew that coming along with Lydia would be a bad idea.

~~~

Lol, I didn't want a happy ending.

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤.