Chapter 2

I did the first thing I could think of when they all looked up at where I was hiding in the apple tree. I ran. I don't know why, they would be able to catch me easily if they wanted to. They were the three strongest in their pack. They could easily kill a weak, rogue omega like me. But that still did not stop me from running like my life depended on it. Because in reality it did. Thought of the killing me or capturing me made me run faster and faster. I ran and ran until I couldn't run any more. Then I tripped on a tree root and face planted into the ground. Already I could taste blood and feel the sting in my hands and knees.

I laid there gasping for breathe the three had not run after me. Which made me sigh in relief. I dusted off my stinging hands and picked the dirt and twigs out of my scrapped knees. Then I felt a line of blood run down my face. I could feel the trail of warm blood on my face. I felt around and I knew I had a cut above my left eyebrow when I felt a sharp sting when I touched that spot.

I stood up and looked around realizing I was in a part of the forest I did not know. I looked around trying to calm down and find anything that looked even slightly familiar. I jumped when I heard the snap of a twig. I quickly looked around and spotted two rogues. Both of them had blonde hair, dark eyes, and had similar features. So my guess was that they were brothers. They looked at me with evil smiles on their faces. "What are you doing here little girl", the one on the left asked. If I talked I would have said something rude. But unfortunately I am mute. And I know I always will be.

"Look like the little pup isn't gonna talk" the one on the right said. They looked about the same age I was. Even though I probably did look like a little girl. But that what happens when you go through eleven years of being malnourished, tired, and weak. They both started growling when I still didn't say anything. Before I can do anything they both start shifting and I turn to run. But I am to slow and the first one knocks me to the ground. Somehow I managed to wiggle out from under him. I try to keep running but the second lunges at me and sinks his teeth deep into my right leg.

I know I am done for when the first one runs at me about to bite my neck. I feel the unbearable pain in my right leg, I watch as the second rogue closes in on me. But before he reaches me a huge black wolf knocks him to the ground and snaps his neck. Again the delicious scent I smelled in the clearing returned. I was so caught up in my thoughts I didn't realize the second wolf was no longer biting my leg. Instead a slightly smaller dark brown wolf had him pinned to the ground. They were biting and snapping at each other. But a few moments later the brown wolf snaps the second rogues neck.

I close my eyes hoping this is all just a dream. That when I open them I will be laying on my bed of leaves under my oak tree canopy. I keep them closed for a minute, but the delectable scent just becomes stronger. I slowly open my eyes to see the three guys from the clearing standing in front of me. The one on the left seems to be the gamma, he has dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He looks stronger but not as strong as the other two. The one on the right, I decided, is the beta. He has light brown hair and grey eyes. He is good looking and well built but not as tall as the one on the middle. The one in the middle is the alpha. He has black hair and bright aqua eyes. He had a strong jawline, was about 6"7, was really well built, and looked like a god. He was also the source of the delectable scent that made my mouth water.

They did not act like they were gonna hurt me. They all looked at me with curiosity. But the alphas expression is unreadable. It's not them that scared me. At least not anymore. It was the fact that my wolf was purring at the sight of the alpha. She was mute but we still talked to each other in my mind. She was repeating one word, the same word the alpha said out loud. The one word I never wanted to hear, a word that broke my heart, even though it should fill me with joy. "Mate" said the deep husky voice of the alpha. Then I passed out.