18. Back in My Cell

K A R A ' S    P O V :

Last night was eventful to say the least. I got out of that nasty cell without so much as a struggle, and made up my story on the spot. Pretty genius if you ask me. Anyway, when Martha picked me up, I got no explanation.

"Why didn't any of that hurt me? Why did I escape without them knowing it was me? How-"

"Kara, I think you could use some rest. It seems it has been quite an eventful night for you."

"But Aunt-"

"No more buts. I want you in bed without anymore questions."

I felt like a small child again as I made my way up the stairs. What if Jason found out? What if he tracked the evidence he had found back to me? What was going to happen? I barely got a wink of sleep that night worrying over the thought. Is this really how I was going to spend my first week here, already on the brink of discovery? 

"Have some faith," Rachel scolded me. "It does you no use fussing over this at the moment. Get some rest and you can worry about it in the morning."

When I woke up the next day, I got up and wandered around, trying to find Martha. I was dressed and ready to head out for school. Walking outside, I found Martha standing in front of... was that, Jason? And his dad?! I stepped farther out, only to hear what was going on.

"You witch! I know you let that rogue escape! Is that the wanted wolf?! You are going to pay for committing treason to my pack!!" I had never seen Jason so livid. I knew that Martha couldn't be blamed, whether she was actually responsible or not.

Without her, I had no where to stay. No where to hide. Because in reality, Kara Thomas never existed. 

Without thinking much, I ran in front of her. "You can't just put blame on my aunt!  I don't know what is going on here, but this isn't right!"

Jason's livid expression turned to focus on me. "Oh, and you think you can just defend her?! I bet you were in on it! In on her evil plan to get that rogue!"

"How dare you accuse me!" I could feel power seep into my voice, and however much I tried to suppress it, Rachel made sure it shown through. I was an Alpha's daughter after all. If I hadn't been the most wanted wolf at the moment, I most likely would've been ruling it. Our new alpha had been willing to let me, but I knew how much danger it entailed, and I couldn't put my pack in that position.

"Stand down, human! You're pathetic! Your aunt is guilty until proven otherwise, and you as well!" Jason could obviously feel the power radiating off of me, and it made him and his wolf uncertain. Stealing a glance at my aunt, she appeared to be smiling at the exchange. Not helping, Martha.

"I am not going to stand down when you wrongfully enter our  house, and accuse us of something you have no proof on!"

"Oh, but I do have proof! Magic from a witch littered the dungeon! And your aunt is the only one I know of!" Jason's eyes widened slightly when he realized who he was talking to. To him, I was only a pathetic human after all. A smirk crept onto Martha's face as she continued to watch the exchange.

"If only he knew he was talking to a wolf immune to silver and wolfs-bane, then he would surely take that back!" Rachel snarled ferociously. Rarely have I seen her this aggravated, but when someone calls her "pathetic" her alpha side can't hold back. I had to concentrate some of my effort on calming her.

"You are insane!" I yelled, deciding to use the human card to my advantage. "Witches?! My aunt isn't a witch! I may have not lived with her all my life, but I can tell you she definitely isn't that! Just because you have lost your mind doesn't mean you can blame it on others!" 

I stood my ground as Jason stalked forward. He and his wolf were evidently mad about my speech. Well too bad for them, that is what they get when they mess with me.

"Have anything else to say?!" A snarl escaped from Jason's lips before he continued. "Everything will be used against you and your aunt, I promise you."

"Okay, how about this - my aunt wasn't in that prison thing of yours! I was alone, I assure you! Other than those two wolves, Martha was never involved!"

"She could've created a spell and sent it from her house!"

"Okay, look Jason! To help you with your unstable state, I will go along with you. But even if she was a witch - which is crazy - you can't send spells that far! And I am not wearing any charms, I never was! There must be something you are overlooking!"

I knew my words had worked because Jason's expression went from pure rage, down to confused anger. Just when I thought everything was going to be fine, his eyes darkened, and his voice came out deep and controlled, different from his whiny angry voice prior. 

"SEND HER TO THE CELLS!"

Without a second to process what was happening, about five men jumped out from the bushes only to grab me by the arms and haul me off. 

Great, back to my cell. 

...

J A S O N ' S   P O V :

I was aggravated to say the least. Who had that human thought she was, to challenge an Alpha? The power coming off of me should've at least told her that much. 

"Jason, don't you think this a little unnecessary? What my niece said was true - magic doesn't work that far away from the owner, but is locking her up the proper measure?"

"It's Alpha to you!" I yelled, letting the rage boiling inside get the best of me.

My dad must have seen my inner struggle through my eyes (they are the gateway to your soul as some say) and sent me a mind-link.

"Look Jason, I know that you are angry, but you are going to have to calm down before you attack someone. We can't have Martha hurt, no matter how much you think she is guilty. We need her to tell us what she knows about the rogue, or at least to find another witch if there is one." 

Ethan growled in response, but I was able to get myself back under control. I turned to the remainder of my men that had stayed with their Alphas in the presence of a witch although there wasn't much they could do. "Go show that pathetic excuse of a human what she gets when she messes with me." 

I hoped she learned her lesson down in the dungeon, but from the look on my father's face, it appeared he had called it off and told them to go stand back at their posts. 

Ugh, sometimes I wished I was Alpha already.

I could see it now, the title above my office: "Alpha Jason of the Silver Crescent Pack". That way I would be able to show that pathetic human who is in charge here and who's word goes.

Ethan hates humans, but now he is a little taken aback at my ideas. I really need a mate, and fast. I don't want to do something I'll regret later in life.

If it is that rogue girl I met in the woods the other day, then I definitely don't want to do anything stupid. What if she runs away? What if she gets scared of me, or thinks I'm irresponsible? 

If anything, I need to find this rogue and wanted wolf soon. I'm afraid I am going to drive the pack apart. 

...

Hey guys!

Can you believe it - 3 updates in a row!

I haven't written in a while, so I am writing these chapters really fast to compensate for lost time!

Hope you are enjoying that wonderful Easter we are having!

Until next time ;)

Don't forget to

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS  :P