33. Can't Run

K A R A ' S    P O V :

I had finally succeeded in dying my hair back to blond and adding in the purple highlights on my own. Now I somewhat resembled my 'human' self. I still couldn't get over the fact that I had changed back to my original self so suddenly. 

I skipped Monday mostly because I didn't want to confront Jason. Had I really talked to him in that dream? Is that why I had changed back? Instead, I spent the first day of the week trying to come up with an explanation for everything.

I had been doing the same thing all weekend - moping around deep in thought, basically missing the whole day. My Aunt had finally had enough by the time Monday rolled around and I refused to go to school.

"Keeping yourself isolated like this isn't good," Martha said, "now would you mind telling me what's wrong?"

I ran a hand through my hair frantically, trying to decide where to start. "I don't know. I guess everything started when Jason and I kissed Friday. That night, Rachel suggested us talking him through a dream or something. I saw him in the dream, but I looked like my regular self, like Amy. I told him my real name, but he wasn't able to know I was the wanted wolf. Anyway, when I woke up my hair was brown and wavy - the dye came right out! And then Jason texted me saying he had a really weird dream..."

"I didn't think it was possible," it came out in a whisper, but I still heard what my aunt had said. 

"Martha, what are you talking about?"

"I knew you could cover your tracks, but talking in between your dreams? What a talent!" She mumbled to herself, before her gaze shifted from looking off in the distance to me. "You really are special."

"Martha, what are you actually talking about?!"

She sighed before beginning. "You know how I'm a witch, and your mother is a wolf, right?"

I nodded. Hybrids didn't exist, that's why my mother inherited her father's werewolf trait and Martha got her mother's witch characteristics. 

"Well, I knew the minute you stepped foot in my house that you were different. That spray I gave you was actually water. You convinced yourself that it would work, so your inner.... inner self was able to mask your scent."

"Martha, what are you trying to say?" I asked hesitantly.

"Amy - Kara, I don't know how else to say it. You're part witch."

To say this shocked me was an understatement. I jumped back, looking at her wide eyed. "You're lying. I'm not a hybrid, those don't exist."

"Yes, they do. Due to their witch heritage, however, they have been able to hide themselves from the werewolves watchful eyes. That's also why you were able to communicate with your mate through your dreams. Rachel is different, though. That's what makes you different form a lot of other witches. Instead of having your human form being a witch and having your wolf separate, your wolf and witch are combined. This makes it easier to keep up your appearance as a human."

I couldn't breath. It felt like a bomb was dropped on my life, everything was fine moment, and the next....

Everything changed.

"So, I'm a hybrid?"

"Yes, you are the rightful Luna of the Silver Crescent Pack that is a hybrid. Pretty impressive if you ask me."

....

Later Monday, I continued to get texts from Jason, and ended up seeing him outside the house. I couldn't help but feel butterflies explode in my stomach under his intense gaze.